“Suprised to see such rapids so close to traffic you can hear it!”

Grand Traverse Natural Education Reserve
Ranked #54 of 106 things to do in Traverse City
More attraction details
Owner description: This reserve, famous for its diversity of plant and animal species, offers guided hikes with various educational themes.
Omena, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Suprised to see such rapids so close to traffic you can hear it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2007

I was looking for the vasa trail because I had thought it was nearer, but was mistaken. I was given the directions to find this trail by the women at the nearby Shell Gas Station. It being 5pm and on November 13th, it was a little late in the day and for the year, but it looks like a good place to try again. I brought my dog for a walk down the N.E. side at the Keystone Rapids Trailhead. We headed down river and walked for about 30 minutes before heading back, because I had not been there before and didn't want to get lost on the trails just a hour and a half before dusk. I think I might want to take a good look at the map first and go again. I was happy to see the rapids and wondered why I never had gone there before today. Will look into kayaking sometime, to see about that.
KJK