“Did not meet expectations”
Review of Tuscan Bistro

Tuscan Bistro
Ranked #66 of 314 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at Tuscan Bistro several times and have always enjoyed the food. Our experience on July 24 was not as good. While the service was attentive and friendly, our meals were disappointing and the seafood pasta one of us had did not seem to match the menu description. I've enjoyed this restaurant in the past and hope this was just an off night.

1  Thank dgcrawf
There are newer reviews for Tuscan Bistro

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went here for lunch...again and had a great meal. It is not inexpensive, but the restaurant is clean, pleasant, seating outside if you wish (too hot). No matter what I want...pasta, salad, etc. it is always well prepared and good. I go with my husband or female friends and we always enjoy it. You can pass it easily so watch for it just pass the yacht club.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We revisited the Tuscan Bistro on our trip back to Traverse City this summer. Food and service were very good. Sat outside although it was a little chilly out. All three of us enjoyed our dinner.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having eaten twice I did enjoy my meals. I am not sure if it would be enough food for a gentleman. For my budget is a little pricey.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I wanted to take a friend, who was here from out of town, to Tuscan Bistro and was very surprised at the less than warm welcome we received. I typically take this friend to try a new restaurant with me whenever she visits and this time we had seen the reviews, and the restaurant had been recommended to me as being a very authentic Italian restaurant...and being being that I am Italian from a family of food aficionados I was looking forward to the experience. Also, having had more than 15 years in the food service industry (from the kitchen lines at the Golden Mushroom and Restaurant Duglass and Duglass Duglass) I was looking forward to finally having food of a level to which I was accustomed to eating.

Well, we two ladies walked in and the hostess showed us (in an empty restaurant with only 10 cars in the lot) to this table that was not more than 18" X 24" next to a patio door. I looked at the table, the location and said that I preferred not to sit next to a door, which was actually all on it's own..in a very weird location of the restaurant. She then took us to a table that couldn't have been more than 18" X 18". I looked at the hostess and said, umm, we're here to eat, we love food and I don't think you could get two dinner plates and a bread plate and glasses and silver wear on that table...all at the same time. She just stood there and I was so surprised to note that two gentlemen in either Chef wear or possibly that is what their server's wear...just stood there and neither one of the offered any suggestions. I looked at my girlfrend and she said, well we could just go...and no one offered any other words, such as how about the table right next to this one? The place was literally empty and of course they said there was an event later that night (we were there at 5:15 in the evening) but I knew the 4 top right next to the small table she offered us was open...and yet they were happier to see us leave than to have us spend over $100 on food and apps (which we happily spent at Stella Tratoria for 2 apps, 2 dinners and 2 desserts) on a table large enough for us to actually want to sit at and eat..and order more food than we could eat.

I'm dumbfounded to know that this is a Chef owned restaurant and very sad to know that this town remains totally oblivious to what the word Customer Service means, especially in a town which is supposed to be a resort town that caters to out of towners. If this were a restaurant in Detroit, or the suburbs just outside of Detroit, a city that thrives on competition and good food and service, I would never have been allowed to leave without even an I'm sorry from the staff.

Very Sad!!! I may try them at lunch, when there are zero cars in the lot, by myself, maybe then I'll have a chance at a decent table for 1!!

2  Thank 143laurab143