“Perfect Dinner & a Movie Combination”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Start with the early show at the State Theatre and then enjoy dinner at Red Ginger ... it'll be the perfect evening. Film maker Michael Moore coordinated the effort to bring back this iconic theatre in TC and it is a fabulous place to watch a movie. Red Ginger is next door and serves fantastic drinks & food. Try a movie & dinner in TC ... you'll love it.

1  Thank Mike W

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Excellent Asian Fusion food very well prepared. Portions are on the small side and prices on the high side. Service is excellent but it is a very noisy place so don't plan on any intimate conversations. The bar scene really rocks and if you are looking for that this can't be beat.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was so happy with the ambiance of this restaurant after eating at Georgina's the night before . If I could I would give it 4 1/2 stars. The food was very good, service great, good wines, great experience. This is my second time at the Red Ginger, but was there only for lunch on my last visit. My wife and I don't usually eat dessert, but here we had a croissant bread pudding with ice cream. Loved it.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stopped in here after our drive up north on aWednesday evening. The ambiance and atmosphere is nice, but I've had better sushi at most other restaurants specializing in this cuisine. Nothing to write home about, in my opinion. It was good, but not great, by any means. Trattoria Stella was far better.

2  Thank james f
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was expecting a lot from this restaurant. Highly recommended by others who go there and the good reviews seen on TA and other sites. On first entering we were impressed with the atmosphere and the outside dining area. It was appealing to see an open kitchen preparation and the higher booths beside that was a nice touch. We went for lunch and I must say I was disappointed with the small and limited menu. My husband in particular was looking forward to good sushi and was very disappointed. The only thing offered at lunch is the typical rolls; lots of rice, little fish, and lots of soy sauce. No Shasimi or Negiri is on the menu at lunch time. That said he did enjoy his Korean Tacos very much. The seasoning was fabulous and the portion was sizeable. Additionally, it was nice you could order the amount you wanted. I ordered the Rice Bowl with the addition of grilled chicken. It was a pleasant taste, but really lacked in seasoning. I found myself adding hot sauce, soy sauce and pepper. There was a lot of chicken and the portion sauce was quite large, but was something I could have duplicated in my kitchen at home. We asked to see a dinner menu and were impressed with the offerings. We might return in hopes that it will meet our expectations then. Don't expect excellent service. Wait staff was pleasant but very, very slow. .The wait was quite long for service, food delivery and the bill. Even though they were busy, there was more than enough servers and kitchen help that things could have been expedited.