“YUM”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 314 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best place in Traverse City? Maybe. Definitely try the dragon wings! Be sure to get a reservation because walk-ins wait a LONG time for table.

There are newer reviews for Red Ginger

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went there with another couple on a Saturday night. Did not have a wait. We were greeted and seated promptly. We shared a sushi appetizer with various rolls in it that was very good. The main course had an excellent presentation and tasted great too.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me start out by saying, my girlfiend and I are still talking about the tuna hand roll we had here. Being a huge tuna lover and sushi fan, I have very high standards. We walked in without a reservation on a Saturday evening and were told we had a 30 to 40 minute wait. After standing around the bar for 10 minutes, we were lucky to grab a seat at the bar. We ended up just staying there for our meal. We split a couple appetizers and ordered the tuna entree to split. I have to say I wad not impressed with the portion size of the tuna entree for $30.00, but the appetizers certainly made up for that. In addition to the sushi hand roll we had tofu lettuce wraps, which had an amazing sauce in it. They also had a good drink menu with yout typical downtown prices for this kind of resturant. With splitting the two appetizers, the meal, and having two signaure drinks each, i think our bill was about $100.00. I have heard from locals that they have a great happy hour, which I will definetly be back to try. I am excited to return to TC and come back to Red Ginger!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wonderful Asian fusion food. Service was great. Great utensils and dishes. Food was fresh and well presented,as well as tasty. Lunch is a good way to try the place as it can be pricey for dinner.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This don't miss dining spot in downtown Traverse City has all the right qualities; excellent and imaginative food, knowledgeable waitstaff, friendly service and unhurried service. The dining experience was top notch. We truly appreciated the suggestions from the servers and the fish dishes from certified sustainable sources.
Go. You won't be disappointed. Just be sure to make reservations in advance. Other people have found this place, too.