“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 295 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Michigan
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me start out by saying, my girlfiend and I are still talking about the tuna hand roll we had here. Being a huge tuna lover and sushi fan, I have very high standards. We walked in without a reservation on a Saturday evening and were told we had a 30 to 40 minute wait. After standing around the bar for 10 minutes, we were lucky to grab a seat at the bar. We ended up just staying there for our meal. We split a couple appetizers and ordered the tuna entree to split. I have to say I wad not impressed with the portion size of the tuna entree for $30.00, but the appetizers certainly made up for that. In addition to the sushi hand roll we had tofu lettuce wraps, which had an amazing sauce in it. They also had a good drink menu with yout typical downtown prices for this kind of resturant. With splitting the two appetizers, the meal, and having two signaure drinks each, i think our bill was about $100.00. I have heard from locals that they have a great happy hour, which I will definetly be back to try. I am excited to return to TC and come back to Red Ginger!

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Kalamazoo
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wonderful Asian fusion food. Service was great. Great utensils and dishes. Food was fresh and well presented,as well as tasty. Lunch is a good way to try the place as it can be pricey for dinner.

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Fantastic meal, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This don't miss dining spot in downtown Traverse City has all the right qualities; excellent and imaginative food, knowledgeable waitstaff, friendly service and unhurried service. The dining experience was top notch. We truly appreciated the suggestions from the servers and the fish dishes from certified sustainable sources.
Go. You won't be disappointed. Just be sure to make reservations in advance. Other people have found this place, too.

Bloomfield Hills, MI
“Great Sushi, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just sat at the Sushi Bar. It was during the Cherry Festival so it took a while to get our food, but it was worth the wait. Drinks were great as well. I would go back for sure.

St. Catharines, Canada
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was great along with the service. I was impressed by how the restaurant is managed. I wanted to surprise a friend for a birthday and when we got to the table the restaurant had a birthday card waiting at the table signed from all the staff. I thought it was a great touch. I order the Cucumber martini and it was a bit strong. Also had the Calamari which was excellent!! The Sea bass was great but I thought the sauce was a little sweet. My friend had the Shaking beef and I thought the beef was well marinated. Overall I would recommend this restaurant. It is worth a try. Very impressed for a small city restaurant.

• Visited June 2013