“Good asian cuisine”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We enjoyed our meal especially since we live in the woods in northern MN. It was good, now OMG, but enjoyed it.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great restaurant. Nice location right in downtown Traverse City. Great service. I had the red dragon martini – very good. We had a larger group (13 people) and ordered Sushi for the group it was well prepared and excellent. Can’t wait to go again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food...just what we needed after a day of shopping and exploring downtown. Check out thier menu online and see if it's what you'd like, but there's something for everyone, even if you're not an Asian food lover. Reasonable lunch prices. I have not been to it, but heard that their happy hour is great. The chicken salad, and naan bread sandwich with Asian slaw was excellent. If you're into sushi, this is the place to go in TC. Lots of options, fresh ingredients, clean, modern decor. Fun martinis and cocktails and good wine list options. I can't wait to go back again next time I'm there. Great place for lunch/dinner with friends, or a romantic dinner date. Keep in mind they are closed on Sunday...(at least they were when we went back a few months later from our previous visit.) Great service. Go, you won't be disappointed. :)

1  Thank travelgetawaygirl
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We usually visit this fantastic restaurant on Mondays - for lunch. Their sushi is delectable.
One week ago, we stopped in for a quick drink, and a couple of plates of something scrumptious for dinner, and we were treated like royalty by bartender Tyler. The service at Red Ginger is always impeccable.

1  Thank 812michaelj812
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We continue to return to Ginger, sometimes once or twice a week. We went on a Friday evening, without reservations. Within a few minutes we were seated at the Sushi bar. It's comfortable and entertaining.

We started with Sushi...Dan's Special and Red Snapper Maki. Both were excellent. My first time for Dan's Special. (butter poached shrimp, asparagus, aioli, bacon and white truffle wrapped in rice paper)

My wife had the Wakame Salad and me the Thai Ceasar...my favorite. Love the parmesan crisp served with the salad.

My wife and I both had the shaking beef. We love that entree. Wok seared tenderloin, bok choy, red onion, watercress, basil, mint and noodles. It's excellent. I have it 8 out of 10 trips to Ginger. It's my favorite.

Service was very good. They are consistent, friendly, it's a great atmosphere and the food excellent. We will be back again...most likely this week.

2  Thank Clinton S