“FANTASTIC”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am not sure what the last respondent was on but he is...................NUTS!!!!! He is probably one of those people that are looking for a great meal for free. I have been in several restaurants where people complain about something bad about their food, the ambiance, waiter/waitress, whatever they can think of just to get a free meal. That is pretty sad.

At any rate, Coconuts is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at and believe me, I have been to MANY restaurants around the country and Coconuts is in my top 5! The wait staff and OWNERS were very friendly and the food was absolutely terrific. I had the shrimp, my husband had the prime rib and of course my kids had chicken fingers. Is there anything else for kids? Ha!

We have eaten at Coconuts more than once and we have never had a bad meal. The fish is great, the drinks are awesome. I could go on and on. All I can say keep doing what you are doing!
One Happy Family-D. Hollis

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place is wonderful. Specifically, the "Macadamia crusted Island Fish," "Florida Keys Fried Shrimp," and BBQ Beef sandwich. You can tell that nothing comes from a can (even the sides!), and everything was cooked perfectly. Prices are a little on the high side, but portions are enormous. When you consider that each meal is good for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow, it's really a decent deal. Our waiter (Josh? Jake? Something like that) was pleasant, attentive, and knew the menu and specials well. That's another thing: For those who get bored easily, there are a dozen or more specials every night. I was told by the lovely owner/manager/bartender (Stephanie) that some are recurring, but many are new.

The decor is surprisingly nice. It does a great job of making you feel like you're on some tropical island, and rather than looking cheap, as you might expect in a Keys-themed restaurant, the decorations feel like a lovingly compiled personal collection (which they probably are, actually).

The upshot is, I would go back in a minute. I understand they do neat things like live steel drum music on weekends, and they're happy to let you reserve their sizable tiki (screened-in porch) for special occasions. Where else in Lenawee County can you have an outdoor party without bugs? The combination of food, service, and atmosphere has definitely won over this customer.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I went to have dinner here. The server was very nice, however the "owner/manager" was a condescending idiot. My fish was rubber covered in a dry, disgusting breading. My husbands shrimp was the same. When I inquired if it was fresh I was told it was. However the sisco truck in the parking lot begs to differ. After sending my meal back I was given iceberg lettuce "salad". Upon receiving the bill it was $60.00! When I pointed out this was to high they "adjusted" the bill to $48. This is for 1 adult meal, one child meal and 2 beers. When I pointed out this was still wrong the woman "manager" shrugged and walked away. Never have I had worse food or dealt with worse people. Long John silver is gourmet compared to this subpar frozen crap.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had th fish dinner "Jamaican jerk" preparation... It was delicious. Great flaky mild whitefish, not mushy or fishy. The appetizers were great too as were the sides. Carrot cake for dessert was also yummy. Good atmosphere for casual but tasty dining

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Came here last Sunday. Food was amazing. There was a steal drum band that complemented the Florida keys environment. Wait staff was friendly. What a great idea to have a "Keys" themed restaurant in Michigan. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Two thumbs up!