Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great afternoon adventure with the kids

Very nice gardens and natural spaces. Visited with the kids (8 and 11yrs) and their grandmother... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Matthew D
West Bloomfield, Michigan
via mobile
Very nice arboretum and garden

Nicely laid out garden and arboretum. You can drive through the grounds and view from the car, or... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2019
245JimM
Chelsea, Michigan

All reviews michigan state university hiking trails nature walk ann arbor visitor center irish hills great hiking hike conservatory trees picnic temperate bonsai acres msu horticulture collection
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2017

We recently visited Hidden Lake Garden with some friends who had been there before. I had never heard of it. Fortunately, we went. I can't believe I've lived so close for so long and never knew it was even there. Went on a perfect day. Warm sun, cool breeze. We hiked the trails, had a picnic by the lake, then went to the conservatory (which was quite wonderful). We spent several hours there. Take a blanket and a book for a relaxing afternoon! The one negative I have is that the trails should be better marked. I second the comment of someone else to be careful of the poison ivy, as there is quite a bit of it (just make sure you stay on the trails and you should be ok). A porta potty by the lake would have been nice, too.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank ToledoRick
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

It was a delightful Sunday afternoon and we decided to enjoy a bit of Mother Nature.

We choose one of the several well laid out trails.

Hidden Lakes Garden allows us to enjoy the wonders of nature in a manicured environment.

Thank you.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

If you are passionate about gardens that is the place for you. Large hostas collection, large evergreens collection, large apple collection and endless flowers. Open all year, every season is a completely different experience, but it is always beautiful. Good place to let kids run free.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed June 5, 2017

I found this garden by a book that recommends the hiking trails in MI. There're about 6 miles of paved road for cars and bikes. It runs one-way through 8 areas of garden. The lake is smaller than I thought, but the garden is bigger than I thought. It has hills in different levels which offers more fun to drive though. According to the map, there're 4 trails (from 1/3 mile to 3 mils)start at the north of the garden. The shortest trail is paved, The other 3 trails are rusted road and the signs are not consistent. This place is very quiet and open from 9am-7pm. The commission fee is $3 per person.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I can't believe I've lived within this 30 minutes of this beautiful garden and just visited for the first time last weekend.

$3 per person. We were given a map but it's well marked and one way roads. The hosta garden by the lake is so interesting and pretty.

The conservatory was amazing! We loved every minute of it. The flowers were beautiful! The Bonsai garden was so interesting and we spent quite a bit of time there.

Overall, we were so impressed and can't wait to return and try some of the hiking trails.

Date of experience: May 2017