“very crowded” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Three Rivers
Woodbury, Minnesota
“very crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I reserved a king bed room then had to add a roomate and a cot. It was very crowed. The worst of the hole thing is that we ended up in the handicap accessible room and the shower head holder was broke so had to shower on our knees! The other thing was that the hotel hot tub was GREEN and you could not see your hands below the surface. Very gross!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Arrived at 11PM (guaranteed my late arrival) and after checking in, the clerk told me she had to go "check on my room for me." Ten minutes later, she and her male companion returned to the hotel lobby and she said that my "room was all set." There was feces in the toilet, the air conditioning was not functioning, and the window was open, allowing in the very humid air. I closed the window, but the room did not become any cooler. I called the desk to complain, and the male clerk, who had come on duty, told me that my A/C was indeed working. He finally came to the room and after checking it, agreed with me. He offered me a fan. I asked if any other hotels were nearby and he laughed. With sweat dripping off of me, I left the hotel and used my GPS to locate a clean (and air conditioned) room at a Best Western in Howe, MI (20 miles away). Save yourself some time and stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank maggie400
Farmington Hills, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We chose the city as a half way point between Chicago and Detroit for a weekend with our grand kids. If you are into gift shopping and such the area, within 30 miles, offers you a lot of choices, if not you can watch the corn grow at this time of the year.

The hotel is well kept, staffed by very friendly people, and is in the center of a lot of the above sites. Besides it is close to route 80 for anyone that has to use it.

We had room 102, a queen suite, nice room but with more wasted space than I had ever seen in a room. Maybe at one point it had a dining table or something like that.

The warm breakfast was text book Holiday Inn Express, good and filling. There are plenty of places to eat around there for the other meals.

The only complaint was lack of A/C in the common areas. Not sure if there was a mechanical problem or simply economy. Not a big problem at breakfast but the rest of the day the halls were stuffy to say the least.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank irwish__jc
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

I needed to make an emergency trip back to Three Rivers to help my 86 year old father make his transition to a nearby nursing home. I found this motel which is only about a half a mile from my father's nursing home. Everyday I would get up and eat a relaxing breakfast at motel. Then I would walk over to visit my father and his wife (they share a room at the nursing home) for awhile. Then I went out to my Dad's house (which we are preparing for selling). A friend told me before I took this trip that I would need to have a quiet place to come back to at night. This motel served that purpose: restful, friendly, comfortable, clean, and accommodating for all my immediate needs during that stay. THANK YOU, Holiday Inn Express in Three Rivers. PS I am coming back at the end of June!

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank junkqueart
Bedford, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

We booked two rooms for a Saturday night due to an evening wedding nearby. The rooms were average HIE rooms. The A/C in one room didn't seem to work well upon arriving and we thought it would be cooled down by the time we returned. We returned to a very hot room (92 outside that day, sunny side room) the A/C unit evidently has a history of not working correctly as the staff knew to turn it off for ten minutes and then restart it to get to work after refusing to relocate the occupants (two adults, a three year old and a nine year old) to another room. The other A/C had a noticeable thump when the compressor turned on or off. This room was booked for three occupants and upon arriving there were only two wash cloths, the staff did however bring additional cloths up after being notified via phone. For some reason the fridge was unplugged, so had we needed it to be cold when we got there we would have been out of luck. The ice maker on the second floor (only two floors) wasn't working well. In the last two years HIE seems to be losing ground. They used to be top notch and you paid extra for it. Now you pay extra, but get average service and noisy or marginal A/C units and non working ice makers. I asked for the staff to break a hundred dollar bill at about 5 pm and they couldn't, that might not be unusual, but it would have been a convenience for me. The next morning part of the breakfast was out early which was a nice touch since we had to leave earlier than the scheduled time for food. The HIE guarantee states that if any part of your stay is not satisfactory they will not charge for that part. They should not have charged for the one room or at least taken half the charge off for that room since four people had to try to sleep most of the night in a sweltering room.

• Liked — Hard boiled eggs out early for breakfast
  • Disliked — Noisy and or poorly working A/C untis
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo
Hampton Inn Kalamazoo
Hampton Inn Kalamazoo
#3 of 31 in Kalamazoo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Three Rivers? Share your experiences!