“stay someplace else”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Three Rivers
Delton, Michigan
“stay someplace else”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The pictures of this hotel are deceiving. We made our reservations 2 days in advance for a king NS suite. 1st red flag was the overflowing waste receptacle outside the entrance door. The receptionist simply stated that the worker had not come in. 2nd red flag: the door to the room would not unlock; had new keys made and they also would not work. The receptionist then tried and failed, commenting that she had worked on that door earlier and it was the only suite available. So she resorted to using the master lock device and said that she would be happy to use it again if we went out, which we were planning to do. 3rd and final red flag: on the the kitchenette counter were 2 12 packs of empty beer bottles and 2 wine bottles. Even though the bathroom looked clean, we were OUT OF THERE! We weren't expecting the Ritz-Carlson, but please..............

Room Tip: The adjacent Holiday Inn Express was only $30 more ad had a fabulous breakfast buffet.
Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane V
howard636, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
On behalf of the staff I would like to apologize for the trouble you experienced at our hotel. I talked to the staff about the miscommunication that occurred between them to be sure it wouldn't happen again. We strive to be the cleanest, friendliest hotel in town.
We also are currently waiting for the door locks to be replaced so we won’t have the key problems any more.
Again I’d like to apologize and I hope you will come give us another try!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Crockett
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the place to stay if you are in Three Rivers. Small Family business. Rooms are in duplexes. Kitchenettes are individual buildings. Many extra touches. Magnifying mirror in bathroom, many elec. outlets, comfortable chairs for watching tv, plenty of room and storage, chairs outside for relaxing and enjoying beautiful mountain scenery. Very clean. Ceiling fan. It was a pleasure staying here. Wish we could always find a place like this. Enjoyed our walk down to the river and soaking our feet in the cool water.

Phone signal and wifi low in the mountains. Fact of life. We went to local library to check in for our flights from Fresno. Very nice library staff.

If you are going to the park take snacks and water with you. Hard to find and very expensive in the park. Convenient to park entrance.

Room Tip: This is not your typical motel. We would stay here anytime over any other room we have ever had any...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alice916
I'd like to thank you for your great review!
I'm glad you had an excellent time!
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

the hotel promises wifi......only in certain rooms. I was told if I wanted wifi I would have to come down into the lobby. yeah right! I traveled all day, I really want to sit in the lobby all night so I can log into my laptop.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank labbywho
I'm very sorry for the disappointing wifi in our facility.
We are currently working with a fiber optics company to better deliver wifi to our whole hotel.
I hope you will come and see us again in the future!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were very pleased the service we received from Jenna Bard at reception during our weekend stay in June. She was extremely helpful at finding me documentation about a self-guided tour of Amish country, which turns out to be a 10 minute drive away. I completely wasn't expecting that degree of consideration.
The rooms were very nice as was the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly even if it didn't have a swimming pool. The discount rate we were offered as irresistible.
Thanks again, Jenna!

Room Tip: Near the elevator was a bit noisy with the beeps but otherwise it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

On a recent trip to Three Rivers I had car trouble. Three Rivers area has three hotels and I chose Americas Best Value Inn. Much to my surprise when I went into my room it was a three room mini apartment. First I thought there was and error and I went back to the front desk and asked if I was paying the correct rate. After being assured that it was the correct rate it was a pleasure to stay at such a well maintained facility.

Room Tip: Do not be skeptical about choosing a Hotel because of its name or flag.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Whitney L
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and found the hotel room to be very disgusting. There were spiders everywhere and we found belongings from previous guests in the room. The bed was very uncomfortable. The staff was friendly but I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank S N
abvithreerivers, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our staff, but I’m sorry you experienced a rare lapse in housekeeping and other issues during your stay. Your stay was some time ago, however, and we have made many changes and improvements to the hotel since that time. I hope you will visit again soon and see how we’re now better than ever before.

Hotel Manager.
Detroit
Reviewed January 18, 2010

My husband and I have stayed here several times for pleasure and for business and always had a very pleasant, enjoyable time. I find the hotel to be very conveniently located for exploring the local area. The staff has always been extremely helpful and knowledgeable about local places to visit and dine.

This visit, we took advantage of their ski package with Swiss Valley Ski Area and had a wonderful time.

In the past, we have brought our dog and I am always impressed with how acccommodating they are with pets.

I appreciate being able to travel frugally and I find the convenience of a kitchen in every room especially inviting. The value of this amenity alone is extremely important to me, but I have also found that the rates here, considering all that you receive (laundry, central location, breakfast, etc), to be extremely reasonable and makes this one my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments, we are glad you were happy with your stay again. Please come back to see us in the future. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Three Rivers
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Travelodge Paw Paw
Travelodge Paw Paw
#1 of 3 in Paw Paw

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers? Share your experiences!