“GREAT Breakfast in Three Oaks!”
Review of The Viola Cafe

The Viola Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Three Oaks
Cuisines: American
Description: Hand made, from scratch cooking in a comfortable, casual setting that is popular with both native Oakers and the numerous weekenders in Michigan's Harbor Country.
Galena, Ohio
“GREAT Breakfast in Three Oaks!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We made an early boring trip to Lake Michigan to watch the sun rise and walk the beach at New Buffalo. We found the Viola Cafe and had a great breakfast. I ordered scrambles eggs, bacon and pancakes. The sales were fluffy and large, eggs perfect and bacon just as I like it. My wife ordered the Swedish pancake with Ligininon berries. Delicious as well.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank closch7

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disrespectful Service - Food Unknown, Never received it!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The only thing I can say about the food - is we "heard it was good" - the only thing we tasted was the coffee. From the time we got there to when we finally left, due to us being a group of ten - which royally ticked off our waitress (who was related to the owner) - we were told we needed to give our menu orders with our coffee orders, we watched the waitress scowl and roll her eyes at us every trip to and from our table, we watched other tables come and go, and several tables who put their order in 20 - 30 minutes after us get served. This is breakfast - nothing extravagant - eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage and pancakes - it doesn't take hours to cook! When after watching the place clear out and tables come, eat, and leave before we even received our orders, one of us went to inquire. No apology given, but more rudeness and eye rolling! Needless to say - we left! If our waitress happens to read this - we want you to know you blew it - as we leave HUGE tips for good service - even when the food isn't the best. Thanks for ruining a beautiful morning for us all this 4th of July weekend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lisa A
South Haven, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whoa”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

So I had a heavy schedule but managed to squeeze enough time out for breakfast. I go into the Viola for my first visit. No sooner do I sit down then a 7 top walked in. I feel a little angst because there's one server on the floor. I sense a time delay. Well to put it simple she cheerfully waited on me and knocked out the seven top. The Chef brought my plate! Couldn't believe it. Great food! Exceptional Service!

Cincinnati, OH
“Another Nice Stop in Three Oaks”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our soup and sandwich lunch at Viola Cafe. The tomato bisque soup was delicious and the chicken salad sandwich yummy. We spent the weekend at our rental, Bow Tie Cottage, in nearby Union Pier and are always pleased to learn about other dining options in the area. Viola Cafe is a perfect stop for either breakfast or lunch.

• Visited March 2014
Three Oaks, Michigan
“Gerrrrate!!! food and service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great breakfast and lunches, we live here and Violas is one of our regular stops, always nice when the help acknowledges you by name. Service, taste and pricing are top rate and fair.
C-DHeem