My husband, teenage son and I spent three nights at Crystal Mountain to play golf and attend the three-day Golf School. We then drove to Treetops Golf Resort in Gaylord and spent two nights to play golf. Night and day difference between the two places. I guess they both call themselves a resort, but Treetops was a dump. Crystal Mountain, however, was a true resort. The place looks like a little village and everything is within walking distance. At Treetops, you had to drive miles to get to the golf courses from your lodging. At Crystal Mountain, you just walk over to the pro shop and hop in your cart and off you go. The Golf School was outstanding - it was the best golf instruction we've ever had. Everything was run perfectly at the Golf School - the golf pros were wonderful and patient. The golf course were really beautiful. We stayed at a two bedroom condo and it was clean and modern (Treetops hasn't been updated in decades. Seriously). We had breakfast every morning at the Wild Tomato and dinner at The Thistle. The menu was great and the wine list decent. They had an outdoor patio that was really lovely to have dinner on that overlooked one of the golf holes. They also gave us a tour of the wonderful spa, but we did not have time to use it on this trip. They also had free wireless in the condo, which we greatly appreciated (none at Treetops in our room). We are definitely going back to Crystal Mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in coastal Benzie County, Crystal Mountain is the Midwest's premier four-season family resort featuring some of the finest accommodations northern Michigan has to offer - 36 holes of championship golf, 58 downhill slopes, 25km of cross-country trails, the award-winning Crystal Spa, the Michigan Legacy Art Park, and IACC-approved conference facilities. During your upcoming visit we hope you'll share in our excitement as an historic $11 million expansion brings new amenities, accommodations and activity to the very heart of our mountain community. Please know we are managing construction hours and crews so as to minimize any inconvenience to our guests. Should you have questions please contact the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Crystal Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Mountain Resort And Spa
- Crystal Mountain Hotel Thompsonville
- Crystal Mountain Michigan Lodging