I have been going to Crystal Mtn. resort every August for the past 8 years with a group of between 12-18 women. This was the group's 15th year......I just joined it 8 years ago! We stay in a condo on the property. Our arrangements are made a year in advance along with tee times for five days. The vacation planners at Crystal have been so helpful in making our stay as perfect as possible. The cleaning staff is wonderful in meeting our everyday needs.......and believe me, that many women can create a lot of trash each day! On our 10th anniversary, we were met at the #1 tee of the Betsie Valley course by the resort manager, trailed by several waiters carrying flutes of champagne to celebrate our milestone! That was quite a surprise! This year, our 15th, we were also given a token of the resort's appreciation for our business.
While everything is not always perfect, the occasional problems we might have are taken care of immediately! For example, this year, when we got there on Wednesday, for some reason, they did not have us on their reservation list (even though we had printed confirmation). They expedited the cleaning staff to get our condo in move in shape right away, and we were later given a full refund for that first day! That's above and beyond!! Unfortunately, there were a few things in our condo that were broken (nothing that impeded our ability to stay there comfortably) and we learned that the group who had just stayed there were responsible for the damage. Such a shame.
The golf course staff always has our golf clubs on our carts, and cleans them after each round and stores them for us until the next day. The rangers are very friendly, and have interesting stories to tell!
We have enjoyed the alpine slide, the pool, and the chairlift to the top of the mountain to watch the sunset while tasting wine.
We would definitely recommend anyone to go to Crystal Mtn. Resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in coastal Benzie County, Crystal Mountain is the Midwest's premier four-season family resort featuring some of the finest accommodations northern Michigan has to offer - 36 holes of championship golf, 56 downhill slopes, 40km of cross-country trails, the award-winning Crystal Spa, the Michigan Legacy Art Park, and IACC-approved conference facilities. During your upcoming visit we hope you'll share in our excitement as an historic $11 million expansion brings new amenities, accommodations and activity to the very heart of our mountain community. Please know we are managing construction hours and crews so as to minimize any inconvenience to our guests. Should you have questions please contact the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crystal Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Mountain Resort And Spa
- Crystal Mountain Hotel Thompsonville
- Crystal Mountain Michigan Lodging