“disappointed w/ the Thistle Pub” 2 of 5 bubbles

Thistle Pub & Grille
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“disappointed w/ the Thistle Pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

from a June 2013 visit. Ordered a hamburger, medium, and it came well-done. the helpful waitress agreed, and took it back to the kitchen. My dining companion had finished their meal before I was served yet another well-done burger. They suggested that I order something else, and I ordered an appetizer, so that I wouldn't have to wait too long. The app was more expensive than the burger, and they still made me pay the $3 difference. This is my second disappointing dining experience at the Thistle. The staff are helpful and have clearly become adept at apologizing for the kitchen. Several months later the resort did send me a credit for another dinner at Crystal mountain resort. Don't think I will use it at the Thistle.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Darien, Illinois, United States
“Nice menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Chef's specials are interesting. Nice place to go in the evening in the winter, if you can snag a spot by the fireplace.

Visited September 2013
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“An attractive resort restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Part of the Crystal Mountain resort, this restaurant is located in a beautiful building that also doubles as the golf pro shop. It has a high end pub feel to it and had a pleasant outdoor seating area as well. We found the service to be friendly/efficient and the food interesting and good quality. It represents one of only two real dining choices in the resort, but was very nice and we ate here twice, both lunch and dinner were very good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ludington, Michigan, United States
“The best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Love, love, love their calamari...dreaming of it now!!! The linguines was great too and the service was out of this world!!!

Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Skip it. Average overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We went there for my parents anniversary. The food was average. Soups and salads were tasty. My ribs were marginal. My parents ordered steaks and both came out very rare and had to be sent back. By the time they got their steaks everyone was done eating. The restaurant messes up and didn't have the special cake my mom ordered for their anniversary. The manager gave them 50% off my parents dinners which I thought was poor given the several mistakes and we had 11 people there. But at check out the resort redeemed themselves very nicely.

• Visited August 2013