“Very friendly staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
“Very friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I wasnt very sure if I wanted to stay there after reading the reviews, however, i made up my mind because it was the closest to my work area, i definitely changed my mind after my first night. The staff was very welcoming upon my arrival, the breakfast was great and the room is just as comfortable as my own.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We got here in the early evening and got a nice room immediately on the 3rd floor. They had a free breakfast in the morning. Room was very comfortable and had all the amenities including shampoo (a rarity in most cases) and a coffee maker, good TV. Room smelled clean.

We ate supper at Bob Evans in the evening. It was good too.

Room Tip: It has interior corridors so not possible to unload/load car from first floor but they did have an e...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0hanna7
aseel e, Manager at Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you back in the near future.
Bardstown, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I had stayed at the hotel several years before and the cleanliness and the customer service was excellent. Upon arriving late Friday night we entered the "non-smoking" room and it smelled of cigarette smoke and mold. When looking into the bathroom the shower was dirty and stained, and the towels were also stained and nasty. When going to bed that night we removed the top blanket due to it stinking and not comfortable, and was left with a sheet and a rough wool type blanket. When going to the desk to ask for another top sheet due to the blanket being so roughed the desk clerk laughed and told us that they only allowed 1 sheet on the bed. Also had to go to the desk to ask for towels and when the clerk gave us the towels he told us that we would have to bring the dirty ones back first....poor customer service and NASTY place to stay. Horrible experience. Won't be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sara R

Travelers are raving about these Taylor hotels

Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel quite frequently. Last year I stayed at a differen hotel and this year I decided to go back because of the 15% internet advance pay deal. Upon checking in on Friday, we went up to our room and the floor was wet at the air conditioner and the room smelled musty/moldy! We immediately notified the front desk and their solution was to provide us with towels to lay on the floor and they noted it in the book. We were not given the option to move rooms nor did they bring in fans to try to dry the carpet. Saturday night we came back to our room and the same thing, nothing had been done and the room smelled even more musty. I immediately started coughing. Sunday was the same thing. Although this time when we arrived back at our room we didn't even have towels for our room. When I called down I was told that I would have to come down and get them because the person couldn't leave the desk. I believe that is a total inconvenience for a customer. They shouldn't have to beg for towels when they should be already supplied. Also, no one had talked to us about the air conditioner if it was being repaired or one, just 1 towel was left on the floor. When we check out Monday morning we talked to the manager and told her everything and her only solution was to apologize and to give us 20% off our next visit. I do not feel that is sufficient as now I am getting sick and believe firmly that it was because of the moisture in the room that is causing it because it was 90+ degrees outside. Don't stay here because your complaints will not be taken seriously.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank karend924
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Very nice stay friendly staff I defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank th6671
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

liked it a lot for making you feel u staying at home, everything available except my xbob lol
i had cheap restaurant around , quiet, friendly staff, even they tried to do some discount which i cant have them in other hotels to help me , the breakfast it was super, gave me a good start for my day. i recommend anyone passing by to stay there, otherwise you get bad treatment and expensive staying in other hotels in that area as it happened to me

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ghandi_thai
Dubai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

Moldy bathroom, disgusting blankets, no maid service on 2 of the 6 days in-house. Loud maids (when they were there) and then paper thin walls let us hear The neighbours. Stay away

• Stayed November 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ReiseGerne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Knights Inn Romulus Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Been to Super 8 Taylor/Detroit Area? Share your experiences!