“GREAT”
Review of Amigo's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Amigo's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Enchiladas are superb and the staff is really friendly! I would eat here again! Best Mexican place in town

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Easily the best Mexican food in the downriver area. Service is excellent. Prices are very reasonable. Great daily specials 4.99 Mexican pizzas Mon., .99 corn tacos Tues., .99 burritos wed., 2.99 nachos Thurs. If you want mexican , this is the place to go.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have dined at Amigos over the years. Always good service. Really tasty food. More than generous servings. Our family likes the food so well that we had Hector cater our son's high school graduation party. Great change from the usual party buffet fare. Something for everyone, young and old, meat eater or vegetarian, spicy or mild. Amigos will remain a favorite of our family.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

i dined at amigo's when visiting family in allen park which is a 10 minute drive. my mother and sister had been there before and one liked it the other did not, so i thought i would try it. it's not the best mexican food i've had but not the worst either. the staff is very attentive and accommodating, the prices are reasonable, decor is ok, parking is ample and the portions are generous.

since we're not big meat eaters, i liked that they had veggie fajitas which were decent. the cheese bean and chorizo nachos were good as were the grilled quesadillas. we did not like the crisp tacos- smacked of old el paso - nor did we care for the salsa which seemed to be a blend of tomato sauce out of the can with some cumin powder mixed in. the biggest disappointment was their guacamole. i luv guacamole but theirs was not good.

i might give them a second chance on a return visit to the area, my mom says no but my husband says maybe.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were out and about on a Saturday afternoon around 3 when the hunger bug bit us. We were in the Detroit suburb of Taylor and we don't get to this part of town very often so we were unfamiliar with restaurant offerings. We just happened to pass by Amigos and decided to have lunch there. It was a great decision.

For 3 o'clock the place was about half full, which is a good sign. The chips and salsa arrived quickly. The chips were in a very small bowl but it was piled high. It came with two salsas. One "hot" the other mild. The hot wasn't all that hot. And while good, I suspect they came from a can and were not made from fresh. Having said that, however, they were both very good.

For our main courses we decided to pass on the lunch time specials and we each got a dinner combo platter. It came with one hard shell taco, one cheese and onion enchilada, one bean tostada, one tamale with excellent chili topping and beans and rice.

Everything was blazing hot (I got blisters on the roof of my mouth but it was my own fault) and absolutely delicious. It's honestly one of the best Mexican meals we've ever had in the Detroit area.

At many Detroit area Mexican restaurants they take flour taco shells, stuff them with meat and then drop the whole thing into the deep frier. Tastes good but it's absolutely loaded with fat. The taco shells at Amigos were more like standard shells you might find at a Taco Bell but very good.

I'd highly recommend Amigos to you. I just wish they had one in my neighborhood. It's about a 35 mile drive from where we live but next time we're in the neighborhood, we'll dine here again!

1  Thank newspro