“Friendly Staff, Safe location, Clean Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Ocala, Florida
“Friendly Staff, Safe location, Clean Hotel”
Reviewed January 23, 2007

I've stayed at many hotels, and this hotel is one of the best. The staff was so nice, and so helpful... I was amazed. The room was clean, which is a big thing for me. They even had a popcorn machine going. They didn't have it on the weekends, because they said of high demand and busy hours (which is understandable), but they had it on the weekdays, and the smell was just delightful. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel that has a popcorn machine and allows guests to have some for free. I recommend this hotel if your coming to the area. My family and I did the Greenfield Village/ Henry Ford Package and loved the attraction. The hotel is close by and has a shuttle that will take you there and pick you up (very convenient, especially to save gas, and for the environment - carpooling). I was sad that the sauna wasn't working, but I will be returning to the hotel in the future and I'll get another chance at it then. I think the best part of the hotel was that it was quiet. I couldnt understand how the parking lot was completely full and the hotel was dead silent. I loved that; very peaceful.

Stayed December 2006
6 Thank billabongbiax3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lansing, MI
Reviewed September 15, 2006

We booked for the Henry Ford Museum package and have no complaints with that aspect.

Pool had no towels. Had to go to the front desk to get some. When addressing another problem later, watched management give a dripping wet child the third degree when he asked for a towel.

Pool was overchlorinated as described in previous reviews.

Pool area was overrun with unsupervised children.

Fitness room was overrun with unsupervised children.

Room booked for four people had two washclothes. Had to go through "20 questions" AT the front desk w/ staff before they would give us two more.

Remote control for television did not work. Was given another by management (this one only would change the channel in one directiion and wouldn't power on/off the set or adjust the volume)

Unsupervised children were running the halls, yelling, and slamming doors until well after midnight. Even after complaints to staff.

Management unsympathetic to any complaints.

I would not stay there again if you paid me .

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank WastingAwayAgain

Travelers are raving about these Taylor hotels

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My family stayed here on the way to a vacation in Northern Michigan. We didn't have the problems that the others who posted relayed, but then again, we didn't try to use the pool or whirlpool. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable, and I would consider it a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sgfsutton
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We chose this hotel because it offered a relatively low price on stay plus tickets to Henry Ford/Greenfield Village. Hotel was very clean, rooms were spacious - included a refrigerator. Had a fairly good breakfast buffet, guests could make their own homemade waffles. It just seemed like there were quite a few things not working -- ATM was down the two days we were there, only ice machine working was on the third floor, sauna was broke, exercise room had three machines, but only one worked. They do have an elevator though that worked (hotel has three floors). Pool was nice size but over chlorinated. It was a pleasant hotel and met our needs, but could be improved if they fixed the items not working. Staff at the hotel are very friendly. It is just 10 minutes from Henry Ford - so it's close.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
central PA
Reviewed May 29, 2006

I read the reviews after I reserved our rooms, and I considered changing, but I was running short on time and didn't bother. Most of my complaints are consistent with others.

We were traveling with a famiy of 6 and so had two adjoining rooms. Our room did not have a microwave, but the other room did. Our refrigerator worked so-so (freezer didn't freeze), but in the other room the refrigerator door didn't shut properly and since there were three boys in the other room, ages 16,15, and 10, they didn't always get it shut.

The pool was overchlorinated and I wish I could comment on the fitness room, but I never got to use it. The first morning, I tried to go down and my room key wouldn't open the door. I went to the front desk and they explained that since kids were abusing the equipment, someone on the staff would let people in. She walked me down, but then none of the equipment worked and I needed to wait for maintenance to come in and turn it on in. The hours on the door say 7 am, but neither morning was it up and operating by 7 am. I just went outside and walked along a somewhat dangerous road until I got to the small, older development behind the hotel. It was really quite pleasant back there and I felt safe. My son and husband also ran back in the development during our stay.

The breakfast probably hits their 30 items if you count salt, pepper, and the ketchup.
Eggs were these perfectly round disc which didn't necessarily taste like eggs. The coffee wasn't anything that made you want two cups. There were eggs, bagels, toast, english muffins, sausage gravy, sausage, cereal, milk, and you can make your own belgian waffles. We were traveling with our newly diagnosed diabetic son so I asked about sugar-free syrup, but the woman at the desk just commented that someone had asked her for that last week, but really, the waffles were sweet enough he shouldn't need syrup.

The internet was down and shut behind these doors that didn't make it very accessible.
The people were all very friendly, but didn't want to seem to deal with any of the issues that needed to be corrected.

I was also a bit disappointed to find that the price that had been quoted me, even though I called back and confirmed that this price was for two adjoining rooms, all the tickets we would need for the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village , and breakfast and was told very cheerfully that yes, I had that correct. I figured it was the off-season and left it at that. Upon our arrival, we learned that the price quoted was only for one room (even though I asked what our total charge would be). When I pushed a little, and even spoke with the very same person who confirmed the price through my phone call, the manager said it wasn't her fault because she could only see one room price on her screen at a time. I was somewhat appeased when they allowed us to upgrade the tickets in our packages to all the adult tickets we needed. I chatted with a woman in the pool who was traveling with a school group and she commented that they allowed them to do that as well (normally you would get 2 adult/2 children tickets per room in the family package).

At least this hotel was aware of the package prices that are posted on the internet (under the historic packages via the Henry Ford Museum), a few of the hotels in the area did not know what I was talking about.

It wasn't a miserable stay, but the complaints I read about were certainly consistent with what I saw. I need to read and then make reservations!

2 Thank lugg6
Reviewed May 8, 2006

I stayed here for one night before going on a long-haul flight back to Ireland. To say that I was disappointed is an understatement. I had been over for just a weekend to visit my girlfriend, and we deciced to stay here for the convenience. Never again. Room absolutely stunk of stale cigarettes, and both of us being non smokers were particularly sensitive to it. Asked for room to be changed - nobody around with the authority to do so. On ground floor, and curtains did not cover whole window - so privacy was compromised. Thought Jacuzzi would be romantic way to end the weekend - big mistake. It was disgustingly dirty, and we couldn't use it for sanitary fears. Am coming to Detroit again soon, but will never be staying here again. I suppose you get what you pay for, but this was ridiculous.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2005

My wife and I went up to Detroit to enjoy a Henry Ford Museum package offered by the hotel. We were looking forward to a quiet weekend away and chose the Comfort Inn based on the description on the website. It was nicely equipped, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and breakfast.

When we entered our room we had a few hours in the car and had spend the afternoon at the museum so we were ready to unwind. Our first impression was not too bad. We had a pretty good looking room. Upon a little closer inspection we were totally wrong. The carpet in the room had clothing tags on it and a nice CHUNK OF MEAT from somebody’s dinner. The whirlpool tub FILTHY. I mean gross. A lot of hair, dirty scum looking like DEAD SKIN and a GIANT DEAD SPIDER. Due to how beat we were and because my wife is a good sport, we tidied up and she scrubbed the tub.

We decided to check out the pool. It was also nice looking upon first impression. The facility was clean. I guess it should have been because the level of chlorine was so high we only lasted about 10 minutes. We felt like we were having chlorine gas poisoning. The air was so caustic we had chlorine in our noses for hours.

At this point were had had enough and were ready to tell the staff. We went to the front desk and were told there was no one there that could help us and we should fill out a comment card.

At this point our experience was already not so great. We went to breakfast the next morning where they boast a complementary hot breakfast. WHAT A JOKE!!! They offered biscuits and gravy. A little mortar and those biscuits would have helped with the construction project going on out side. And as for the eggs, I bet that the Army's K rations are more tempting. I never knew eggs could be so powdery and dry?!?!

We had enough. Again we asked the front desk clerk if there was some one we could talk to and again we were told to fill out a comment card. WHAT ABOUT THE 100% GAURANTEE!!!???

We called the motel manager Sunny Qurashi the Monday after we returned. HE WAS INCREDIBALLY RUDE. SO MUCH, HE HUNG UP ON MY WIFE. He proceeded to tell us it was our problem for not reporting the situation with 30 minutes of our check in and his policy was TO NOT HONOR the 100% SATISFACTION GAURENTEE. This complaint has now been turned over to the corporate office. Lets see what they do office

Stayed November 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
#2 of 3 in Allen Park
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Best Western Greenfield Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!