“Dont Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I stayed in the hotel for one evening and had a major issue in the room. We stayed in a suite and pulled out the sofa bed and found blood stains on the mattress, along with all of the springs missing from the frame and the pillows to the bed were also extreemly dirty. No manager was availible that night, or the next day. I called on Monday, spoke with a manager and she seemed pleasant but would not give me a refund. I called their corporate offices and every one I could find, but to no avail. Ultimately, I received a response letter from that very same manager defaming my character and indicating that although I got no response from the corporate offices, my case was closed and I would not get a refund. I would not suggest this hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank clong2298

Reviewed April 27, 2008

The front staff was friendly. A plus.
Other than that:
Upon arrival, there were huge wads of long brown hair in the tub and soap scum all over the tile wall. There were short black hairs in the bed, and the fitted sheet was compressed into the little grooves of the mattress pad. It looked to me like the sheets had not been changed; just the bed was made. The towels had small brown spots on them. There was a burn on the carpet mysteriously shaped like the iron that was sitting in the closet.
The room itself was dark - there was one wall light over the TV that flickered on and left the rest of the room very dark. The bathroom had the sink outside in an alcove which was very small. The tub and toilet were in a space so small you could barely bend over to towel off your hair without hitting the door or wall. The walls were thin enough to hear voices and laughter from the next room.
The breakfast was crowded (on a Sunday morning) and food was not restocked very quickly. The coffee was terribly strong, the eggs were like the powdered stuff and the bagels were stale.
Yuck. I wanted to sleep with my street clothes on.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dibbun18
Reviewed February 27, 2008

We stayed here overnight with some of our hockey team. I too had a problem with a non-smoking room smelling of cigarettes and deodorizer. The walls are also thin. We could hear the people next door talking. The food was average . (I always stick with the waffle-safe bet). Be warned 4 people on our hockey team got tickets right on Telegraph Rd. It seems the police have a little speed trap right at the interchange where traffic has to speed up to get on the highway. Be careful of your speed on that road!! I'm glad we just stayed overnight and not the whole weekend.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank kategr8
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I have never seen a breakfast like they have. So much food! Sausages and waffles were absolutely delicious. Front desk staff is so friendly! The hotel location is really good and there's tons of stuff to do around there. I came to visit my family and this hotel was wonderful. The only problem was that they ran out of pool towels a lot, but they would bring it down when you asked. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank friendlytraveler7676
Reviewed June 21, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Telegraph Road in Taylor, Michigan. We chose this hotel because of its package deal which includes tickets to our choice of attractions at The Henry Ford. Tremendous value!

This nice property earns 4/5 for rooms, comfort, cleanliness and breakfast. Value is 5/5.

The room was hot upon arrival and we ran the fairly quiet AC unit all night to stay cool. The room featured a refrigerator, shampoo/conditioner/lotion and soap. There were plenty of decent quality towels and nice sheets.

The indoor pool seemed small (ok for up to 8 people). There were pool towels handy. The clock in the pool area was broken, as was the shower (with a handwritten "out of order, Sorry!" sign).

There was a crack and chip in the bathroom sink/vanity skirt. TV armoire, table + 2 chairs, work desk/chair, second phone, ironing board + iron, foldable luggage rack was out and ready for us to use, only one trashcan (in the bathroom), expanded breakfast.

The free popcorn in the lobby was, as reported by children, "awful, it tasted like cardboard." How can popcorn be done wrong??

The breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The breakfast room guy was friendly and helpful, opening the adjacent boardroom for us to dine separately when a bus tour descended on the breakfast room. Choices included oval scrambled egg patties, sausages, potatoe cubes, biscuits and gravy, bagel/mini muffin/toast, yogurt, OJ, apple juice, 2% milk, apples/oranges/bananas.

The manager I made the reservation with on the phone was especially helpful in re-assigning a bus tour guest to a King room so that my family's two-night stay could be accommodated.

We stayed two nights which allowed us to choose tickets to two Henry Ford attractions. We loved Greenfield Village (the kids stayed to watch the glassblower for nearly an hour) and felt the Rouge Plant Factory Tour was also very worthwhile.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Dianefromderby
Reviewed January 23, 2007

I've stayed at many hotels, and this hotel is one of the best. The staff was so nice, and so helpful... I was amazed. The room was clean, which is a big thing for me. They even had a popcorn machine going. They didn't have it on the weekends, because they said of high demand and busy hours (which is understandable), but they had it on the weekdays, and the smell was just delightful. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel that has a popcorn machine and allows guests to have some for free. I recommend this hotel if your coming to the area. My family and I did the Greenfield Village/ Henry Ford Package and loved the attraction. The hotel is close by and has a shuttle that will take you there and pick you up (very convenient, especially to save gas, and for the environment - carpooling). I was sad that the sauna wasn't working, but I will be returning to the hotel in the future and I'll get another chance at it then. I think the best part of the hotel was that it was quiet. I couldnt understand how the parking lot was completely full and the hotel was dead silent. I loved that; very peaceful.

Stayed: December 2006
6  Thank billabongbiax3
Reviewed September 15, 2006

We booked for the Henry Ford Museum package and have no complaints with that aspect.

Pool had no towels. Had to go to the front desk to get some. When addressing another problem later, watched management give a dripping wet child the third degree when he asked for a towel.

Pool was overchlorinated as described in previous reviews.

Pool area was overrun with unsupervised children.

Fitness room was overrun with unsupervised children.

Room booked for four people had two washclothes. Had to go through "20 questions" AT the front desk w/ staff before they would give us two more.

Remote control for television did not work. Was given another by management (this one only would change the channel in one directiion and wouldn't power on/off the set or adjust the volume)

Unsupervised children were running the halls, yelling, and slamming doors until well after midnight. Even after complaints to staff.

Management unsympathetic to any complaints.

I would not stay there again if you paid me .

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank WastingAwayAgain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
Comfort Inn & Suites Allen Park-Dearborn
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#4 of 8 in Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Comfort Inn Metro Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!