“Indifferent attitudes”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

There's a bad vibe among the staff. Some are nice enough and some just don't care. Others are ready to pounce on anything as evidence of someone else's negligence.

We followed the directions online and wound up clearly behind the hotel with no visible connection. I called. The person answering said " I have no idea how to get to the front" and didn't even express concern much less offer to find someone, anyone, a maid or worker, who might know. "If you can somehow Get to Taylor st and I can help you". Wow. It's on Taylor street.

The pool was out of towels. When reported, they gave enough for our group. Nobody ever came down and put out more for the people sure to come after us. The pool still would be open for hours.

Nobody was rude. They just were indifferent.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everyone was really nice....I did like the rules on only registered guest. The pool was nice you did not have to worry about riff raff and tons of extra people..... And like the fact no smoking someone in our hall was smoking I saw them put a note under the door. I did complaint about the smell I thought that was a nice way of letting them know not to because of the law... Will stay again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

These people all carry an bad attitude. Front desk clerk refused to replace the printer paper in the computer. Bitter coffee. But most of all was the NERVE of the lead housekeeping staff who fabricated a story about my smoking in the room. The NERVE of the hotel manager saying she smelled something too when I am not even a smoker. There was never any smoke, and if so it was a pre-existing condition from another hotel guest. It was clearly a ploy to try to charge me another $150.00 onto my stay. I threatened to contact authorities if they continued and I still might file charges. The housekeeping manager then plopped herself on top of the checkin desk and proceeded to mouth off to me. Imagine dropping 4 nights rent and getting mouthed off to and not a single thanks. Don't risk checking in here. They will do something to dupe you into excessive charges. They should all be fired. I will escalate this to Comfort Inn headquarters.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was very sad to have to give a poor report to this property as it use to be the only property I would stay at when in the area. The rooms use to be much cleaner and the staff much more helpful. Upon checking in I asked what time the hot tub closed and I was told 11p.m., which was great I had time to get in before bed. Well we got our suits on and headed to the hot tub only to find out that it was closed for maintenance ( which I found weird it was still full of water). So I went back to the desk to inform the clerk about it and she acted like she had no clue, which she may not of but did not have anything to say about the inconvinience. So I told her I would try to find a room else where and she said ok just let me know if you want to check out. Well I could not find another property in the area so I ended up staying. Only to get to the room and try to use my laptop and it would not connect so I called the desk and the clerk says oh maybe the router is bad they can move you in the morning. By now I am really dissappointed, so in the morning I go to the desk after getting ready for the funeral I come to town for and they switch rooms. Well we get back from the funeral to discover the refridgerator in the new room does not work. So I call the desk and explain this and once again no concern in the voice of the clerk and we could move rooms again in the morning. Well I did not want to have to pack and unpack so we inconvenienced ourselves and kept getting ice to keep our drinks cold. I am very dissappointed and plan to call choice as well to let them know the service at this property is below average by far. Now I will find a new property and never return to this one and I am very sad because it was located right where we need to be but I will not sacrifice for poor service and staff who could care less about guests.. If it were not for guests these people would not have a job...

Room Tip: I would not choose any room it seems many of them have problems and staff does not pay attention to...
Reviewed March 7, 2013

we were in town to visit family. we had 4 registered people in our room. we left the hotel for a few hours and came back with our 2yr old granddaughter. because she was not a registered guest we could not go to our room. we told the desk clerk that her parents were on their way and we were going to eat dinner together and swim for a bit. it was made clear that NO ONE could go to the room or be in the pool that was not a registered guest. It was only 7pm and no one was using the pool. the staff was rude, the general manager Sharon finally called me to talk about my concerns and complaints. When i started asking to many questions she asked me what my point was and hung up on me.

1  Thank phil254
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here between business trips. The stay was great and the staff is excellent. I booked my room through hotels.com and i didn't get the jacuzzi room I wanted but the staff made it right (thanks Harry)

Room Tip: Book rooms directly with the hotel not the third party
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe J
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here earlier this week. We bought the deal with the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village which worked out just great. The motel was nice, on a major road, but we were not there that long. The staff members all were very nice. The room was orderly, clean and we slept quite well. The shower was awesome---I hated to get out. Breakfast was OK and off we went for the second day at the attractions. I would go back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Impala guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Comfort Inn & Suites Allen Park-Dearborn
Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area
4 mi away
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!