“For the price, we were shocked at how nice it was.”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Taylor
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed on Saturday, June 9th for 1 night. I booked via Priceline for a mere $45.50 per night. We were only in town for one night to pick up a vehicle we purchased and for the 6 hours we would be there, were not willing to shell out a lot of cash. We were expecting what we paid for (read: not much).

The hotel is conveniently located right off I75.

First, I called about extra charges for our 20lb dog (no extra charge!). Second, the two women I spoke with on the phone could not have been nicer.

We opened the door to the room (2nd floor, back building) with a little hesitation but, to our surprise, found a brand new room. Clean-smelling and clean looking, even almost trendy. New fixtures, chocolate brown and tan linens and beige and red accents. Front desk personnel were friendly and asked about a wake-up call.

Only negative about the hotel was that some remodeling is still underway and there was a pile of wooden boards with exposed nails left near the rear steps. And, I found that a few people did not clean up after their pets, but would have been tough for the actual staff to know this.

The food choices are limited (especially after 10 on a Saturday night) so we ended up at Hooters which is located right next door. Please, learn from our mistake and do not do this. Hooters staff was friendly, Hooters food was not.

There is no breakfast at the hotel but there is complementary coffee to get you on your way in the morning.

All in all, a great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Detroit Southwest Taylor. We are always happy to have your well behaved pet as our guest. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed our clean new rooms at a great value for the money and friendly staff. Our renovation is complete and I apologize for the wooden boards left near the stairs. I will be sure to share your kind comments with my staff, they will appreciate your observations.

We look forward to your next visit as you pass through our area, thanks again,
Christina

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great package deal for the Ford Museum/Greenfield Village! When we had to alter our travel plans, the woman on duty kindly booked us into another Red Roof on our route. The fridge/microwave allow you to put together your own breakfast; nearby shops can provide cereal, juice and so forth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with the Red Roof Detroit Southwest Taylor. Nice to hear you were able to enjoy the Henry Ford Museum package. Accessing your own breakfast foods with the ability to use the micro/fridge is a good healthy choice. We look forward to your next visit when passing through our area.

Many thanks,
Christina

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I usually choose the Red Roof Inn when sleeping away from home and lately I have chosen the Red Roof Inn at the Taylor, Mi location. As usual Steve is always Great- what customer service should be. Ashely was really great on my last stay also. Oh and allow me to give 2 thumbs up to Vivian the housekeeper... she was great too

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel and more importantly, the staff. We continuously strive to provide our guests with a memorable experience every stay. We appreciate you mentioning several members of our team on your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are a fan of our recent renovations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

General property was found to be in great condition. Staff was very pleasant, and their friendliness was far beyond what they are paid to do. They show that as a guest, you matter more than the bottom line! Rooms are fantastic, all new and clean, beds are truly out of this world!! So comfortable, beds you would have at home but rarely find in hotels. Overall for the economical brand that red roof inn is, this hotel blew every expectation I had from guest service to room decor and comfortable. I've been to red roofs before, wasn't impressed at all, but this inn changed my view if red roof, lets hope other inns I find maintain the level of hospitality that Taylor red roof does!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Taylor location on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recent updates to the decor as well as the new Serta bedding package. We always strive to make sure our guests know how important they are and how much we appreciate them choosing us over the competition. Thank you for the feedback as this will encourage us to keep giving our guests the top notch service they deserve.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's not the fanciest place but for the money, it was perfect. The room is large, neat and very clean. Staff was kind and helpful, so if you are in the area, this place is definitely recommended. They proved to be really helpful when I extended my stay by an extra night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Trip Advisor. I hope your travels bring you back to this location in the near future. I'm glad to hear that you found our newly renovated rooms to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for choosing to extend your stay with us as I am please to hear that you found our staff to be extremely helpful and friendly in assisting you.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sure, the past reviews were not great but I still took a chance on staying here since it was only $40 a night for 2 double beds, flat screen t.v, a fridge and microwave. Our room was right above the office, no noises except for the very loud train. Kind of made us feel like we had surround sound, it was funny. The floors had brand new carpets, beds were soft but the pillows were hard as rocks. The main thing was it was clean & close to all kinds of shopping. Plan on staying again real soon, perfect price for sure!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your generous feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade to our rooms and will be returning very soon. With our renovations completed this week, there is a good chance you were the 1st guest to experience that particular room, thus the brand new pillows. I am glad you found our facility to be clean and close to an abundance of shopping. I look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second stay here...if youre looking for a cheap sleep then this is the place. No breakfast is the biggest bummer! Beds are rly uncomfortable but the rooms are decent and its so close to all the stores. Def not my first choice but when on a budget it def works just fine!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for being a repeat guest to our location and taking the time to leave us some feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you found the location to be convenient and close to all the stores you enjoy shopping at. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed in your room uncomfortable. We are excited to announce that our current renovation includes an upgrade to Serta mattresses, along with flat screen TV's, brand new carpet, drapes, bedding, and more. I am confident you will find our new product quite appealing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taylor
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Quality Inn & Suites Romulus
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Taylor
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Comfort Inn Metro Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport – Taylor? Share your experiences!