“Fun for All- Even the adults!!!”

National Forest Adventure Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tatenhill
More attraction details
Owner description: A day of adventure awaits at the National Forest Adventure Farm, whatever the weather. You can meet and feed the animals, explore the outdoor Funfield and have fun in the huge indoor play area. Meet a host of farm animals including pigs, sheep, cows and goats. In the spring and summer you can also bottle feed our lambs. You can cuddle a rabbit or guinea pig and see our more unusual animals such as alpaca, reindeer and chipmunks. We also have daily animal activities including pony grooming, milking demonstrations and egg collecting. The huge Funfield features a range of have a go activities including Go-Karts, assault course, mini golf, jumping pillow and in the summer the Water Splash Out. Why not take a tractor and trailer ride around the farm and look out for the scarecrows? The 3000m² indoor playbarn features a huge soft play area with demon drop slides. There's an under 5's area with a ball pit and giant Lego construction zone. Enjoy eating out or picnicking at one of our landscaped areas on sunny days, or in our airy 120-seat restaurant. In the summer, the Farm is home to a huge 10 acre maize maze. So take on the challenge of 3 miles of pathways, bridges and viewing towers.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Visited recently for our second visit with our son who is 2 years old. Capitalised on the two for one offer for the low season and it was well worth it. Had a long play in the play area and we LOVE the fact that adults are encouraged to have fun too! The animals in the barn were enough to entertain our little boy.
We also really love the food- nice quality and tasty whilst not being too expensive: particularly love the jug of juice!!
All in all a great visit - our only criticism is that it's a long drive from our house- but it's definately worth it!

farmteam, Administrator at National Forest Adventure Farm, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Kate,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a great review on TripAdvisor for us. We're glad the adults enjoyed themselves as much as your little boy - that's what it's all about!

We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Not long got back from a fun filled day at the adventure farm with my boyfriend and sister. This is the first time we've been and it was much better than expected. Entry is a good price as is the food and facilities are clean. All the staff are friendly and easy to approach. Even though the weather was cold we still had a good time looking around and feeding the animals. Although we spent most of the day in the big barn play area. My sister thoroughly enjoyed this especially the daemon drop slides. It's not just kids that can use these either adults can too so it's great fun fir all the family. Looking forward to returning soon hopefully when the weather is a but warmer :).

farmteam, Administrator at National Forest Adventure Farm, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Beth,

Many thanks for posting a great review for us on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased both adults and children enjoyed their day (and the slides!).

We look forward to welcoming you back again at a later date this year.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

!!! Wow !!! What a fantastic place. Have been to a few of these places but this is without doubt the best of them by far. My wife and I took our 4 year old son and 6 year old grandson, £6.75 per person so £27 in total an absolute bargain.. To be honest we never saw everything as the boys were blown away with the big barn play area and demon drop slides so another visit is planned very soon. Facilities were brilliant food from the restaurant was nice, good menu for kid's. Toilet's were nice and clean . the staff were very helpful and lovely to talk to. Cannot praise it enough , looking forward to our return visit..

farmteam, Administrator at National Forest Adventure Farm, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Adrian, we are so pleased you enjoyed your day here and look forward to welcoming you all again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We visited before Christmas with my son and saw Santa in his grotto. We enjoyed the day and decided to go back yesterday. We were attracted by the two for one offer advertised on the website which was also running on our first visit. When we arrived we were told we needed a voucher for the offer. This was not the case when we visited Santa's grotto. As a result we had to pay over £20 for a three year old, a pensioner and an adult. There were fewer activities and animals on display than at our first visit. The under fives play area was dominated by older children with no intervention from staff. The paddocks are resting for winter so all animals were in the barn. Sadly, noisy building work was also taking place in the barn. I understand that in the winter season works need to take place. However, I feel this should be reflected in the pricing policy. I was denied the two for one offer at the desk with no apology or real explanation from the member of staff. I felt like I had been misled by the information on the website. This coupled with the reduction in activities and attractions and the poor customer service (both at the desk and in the response to my email of complaint which did not address all of my concerns), left me feeling disappointed and out of pocket. Had I known I would not be granted the advertised offer I would have chosen to visit a cheaper attraction closer to home. There is potential, with more attention to detail and better customer service, for this to be a good place to visit. Sadly, we found it lacking in both of these yesterday.

Hi,

I am sorry you did not feel you got value for money from your day out. I think the problem was that our Christmas offer and visit included such a lot, that perhaps anything else would pale in comparison! As already highlighted in the email response to your comments, it did state very clearly on our website that the offer was dependent on signing up for the farm newsletter and bringing a copy of that voucher with you, either on your phone or by printout. There are very few offersanywhere these days that do not require anything at all from the customer.

I'm not sure which points you felt were not answered in your email, as I thought we had covered them all, so perhaps if you coudl let me know, I will be happy to respond to them.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

No matter the weather, the Adventure Farm delivers fun for kids and adults with good coffee and food.
The owners really do show attention to detail, the staff are always friendly, the food is good and the facilities are clean.
If my boys (5 and 8 years) sit still for too long, the first thing they shout is "can we go to Adventure Farm?" and we have often visited 2 or 3 days in a row !
The family membership card is a must-buy and gives fantastic value for money.
Not your average soft-play centre - come and see !

1  Thank Hal E
farmteam, Administrator at National Forest Adventure Farm, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Hal,

Happy New Year.

Thank you for your fantastic review - we ought to have you on commission! We look forward to seeing you and your boys when you next pop up to see us.