“Loved it.”

Augie's on the Bay
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Tawas City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our first time in this area and took a chance and it was a giid choice. Great little place food was very good and reasonably priced. Sits right on yhe lake.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Used to go here when we would go to Tawas to shop. Food was fair, not great. Mostly went for breakfast or lunch, rarely dinner. The last time we were there however it was for breakfast and boy were we shocked. Now I understand that food costs have risen quite a bit recently, and that costs must be passed on. But when we saw the prices on the new menu's we were stunned.

Almost every breakfast was near or over $10, while ths same quality and amount can be had several other places in and around Tawas for about $6.50-$7.00. This happened a few months ago and we haven't been back since.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I came in just before closing they were very nice and the food was good. Perch for me and steak for him, I'd say it was a good value it took a bit longer since the steak was frozen. No complaints here we'd go back for sure!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The location is beautiful; right on Lake Huron, it seems like not much. It's small. But the waitstaff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The food is plentiful and very fairly priced. Good home cookin'. A nice place to stop for a non-imposing meal before hitting the beach, or hitting the shops, or heading further North to see more of the Sunrise Side of the State of Michigan.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I ordered the food it took forever to get to my table and by the time it was there it was cold. My waitress was outside on her cell phone holding it to the sky trying to get service smoking her cigarette and i waited there forever for my check until i gave up and walked to the counter and left the money with the bill and walked out. I will never go there again.