“Best Dinner of our Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of V.I. Grill

V.I. Grill
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Pizza, American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The V.I. Grill serves fresh and local American fare in a family friendly atmosphere. Some of our specialties include Fresh Whitefish, Black Angus burgers, natural hand cut fries, fresh salads or unique sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for our local fresh daily desserts including Moomers Ice Cream. Enjoy a outdoor dining around a stone fireplace with a full bar area. Our Tavern is accented with hand scraped Hickory floors and Mahogany back bar with 22 taps, tv's are visible and our dining room includes a two story stone fireplace and specializes in large groups. Next time your in Suttons Bay, experience the history of Leelanau County Est. 1871!
Madison, WI
“Best Dinner of our Trip”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The patio was excellent. The burger was memorable. The service left something to be desired - our waitress was very friendly - just not that attentive or competent. I'd totally return.

1 Thank ChicagoCheesehead

Macomb, Michigan
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

There sandwich choices are amazing and we loved the outdoor patio. The staff was pleasant and efficient. I will definitely eat here again on my next trip to Suttons Bay!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank traceyrn
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice patio- great breakfast”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

On our recent stay near Sutton's Bay my husband and I ate at this restaurant twice - for breakfast on the patio. It was great both times! Although the patio is not large, we did not have to wait for a table. We loved the food (Florentine omelette for me) and friendly, efficient service. I would like to try other meals here sometime. This restaurant has been around for a long time, and with reason.

1 Thank Diane L
Troy, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This was such an amazing place. It was recommended by a local, who also told my husband of the best fishing spot. We had three adults and three preschoolers, they rush ordered the kids meal - popcorn perch, divided into three perfectly - and when out food came out we were pleased with the very generous portion sizes. Two of us adults couldn't finish out meals, I even had at least half of my entree chicken nachos left to box up. My husband said his avocado chicken wrap was perfectly done, no soggy bits. The steak that went past to another table smelled wonderful. All together a great atmosphere and welcoming place

1 Thank Kathamill
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great restaurant for adults and toddlers”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I ate at the Vi Grill twice during our week stay in the Leelanau. Once with our 2 year old grandson and once with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. The adults all enjoyed their food and the toddler liked his margarita pizza. The atmosphere was conducive to children and the quality pub style food satisfied the adults. Wait staff both times were attentive and professional.

1 Thank DTLf