“Good enough”

V.I. Grill
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The V.I. Grill serves fresh and local American fare in a family friendly atmosphere. Some of our specialties include Fresh Whitefish, Black Angus burgers, natural hand cut fries, fresh salads or unique sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for our local fresh daily desserts including Moomers Ice Cream. Enjoy a outdoor dining around a stone fireplace with a full bar area. Our Tavern is accented with hand scraped Hickory floors and Mahogany back bar with 22 taps, tv's are visible and our dining room includes a two story stone fireplace and specializes in large groups. Next time your in Suttons Bay, experience the history of Leelanau County Est. 1871!
Bourbon, IN
“Good enough”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Out of the 3 of us, one loved her food, one thought it was ok, and one hated hers. Prices are a little steep for what is basically glorified bar food. The service was slow, but to be fair, the place was packed. We probably won't go back again unless nothing else is open.

Albany, NY
“Very Good”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate dinner at the Village Inn and it was very good. It seems to be more of a sports bar and pub but don't let that deter you from going there for a meal. The menu is very extensive and varied. My wife is on a limited menu and they were able to accommodate her and were very willing to do so. It seems that the host was very much involved in the operation of the business. Their pear salad is one of their specialty items and was excellent

Visited October 2013
Nashville, TN
“Excellent Burger and Fries But Not Enough Servers”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stopped in Sutton's Bay for a late lunch as did several other travelers. Unfortunately, no one was available to seat the growing number of patrons waiting at the door, and we all ended up seating ourselves. Our waitress tried her best to serve everyone, but one waitress and a bartender was just not enough to take care of everyone with a good level of service.

The menu has a great variety of options, and we considered several different foods, but after noticing the burger served to a patron at the next table, our minds were made up -- we ordered the Villager burger and fries. The burger was excellent and huge, so we ordered one and split it. The fries were enough to split also without ordering more.

We would stop at VI Grill again and hope for better service to match the great food. A beautiful garden shop across the street is worthwhile for a stop.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and i had lunch at VI Grill on our recent trip through Sutton's Bay. The staff there were some of the most friendly people. My wife had a 1/2 sandwich and soup and she said the soup was to die for. The bean soup with chunks of ham were outstanding. I had the Mexican platter which was average. The enchilada was good as were the chips and salsa, but the taco was sub par. The meat tasted like it had not seasoning on it and was bland. If not for that I would have rated it higher. I will come back here again, but remember not to order the Mexican platter.

• Visited October 2013
Royal Oak, MI
“Great Place for Lunch!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I wandered the shops while hubby walked the shore, and we happened to meet up in front of VI, so decided to take advantage of a rare warm October day on the patio, which is nicer than the inside. our server was very helpful - she recommended a good local white wine. Food was served promptly and was really quite good! hubby had the whitefish sandwich, which he proclaimed excellent, and I had the chicken quesada, which was also quite tasty. While this isn't La Becasse, the food was well prepared and the price reasonable. we enjoyed the meal.

• Visited October 2013