“Typical Northern Michigan”

V.I. Grill
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The V.I. Grill serves fresh and local American fare in a family friendly atmosphere. Some of our specialties include Fresh Whitefish, Black Angus burgers, natural hand cut fries, fresh salads or unique sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for our local fresh daily desserts including Moomers Ice Cream. Enjoy a outdoor dining around a stone fireplace with a full bar area. Our Tavern is accented with hand scraped Hickory floors and Mahogany back bar with 22 taps, tv's are visible and our dining room includes a two story stone fireplace and specializes in large groups. Next time your in Suttons Bay, experience the history of Leelanau County Est. 1871!
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A backwoods buttcrack bar. Food's good, service is fine, prices are acceptable. Changing the name to the VI Grill doesn't change much.

Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. I am not exactly sure what you mean by your comment but we have a lot of local support as well as summer residents and depending upon the time of year that you visit leelanau county, this will determine the mix of clientele.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tried this restaurant for the first time this weekend. We had breakfast but will definetly try lunch and dinner service. They have a variety of items on the menu to satisfy all tastes. The owner stopped by our table twice during our meal to make sure everything was OK and to thank us for stopping in. We will visit this restaurant next time we are in the area

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Dinner was excellent, had the batter fried Perch, fries and coleslaw. Others at the table had the cheeseburger. Everyone agreed it was a great place to stop and eat. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Service for six of us went very smoothly. Complements all around the table on the breakfast. Granola was very tasty as were the omlets. Will return to this nice place.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our recent visit to Sutton's Bay included a stop at VI. The staff our waiter was A-1. The samples of the beers and the great food made for a must stop location when we make our next trip North.