“Love the patio & food”

North Country Grill and Pub
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hand cut prime rib, freshest seafood available. Large out door patio and bar. Key West outdoor seating available in the summer months. Cozy fireplace in the winter. Finest Leelanau wine list. We do not take reservations due to our small seating capacity.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have been here twice this summer and have had really good meals both times. First time we were a small group of 4 and sat on the side patio and everyone loved their food, prime rib, lobster tail, and shrimp. The artichoke lobster dip is a great starter with homemade bagel chips. Second time we were a large group of 13 and called ahead to give them a heads up and they were able to seat us right away even though they were full with some people waiting. We ate in the back patio this time and it was a perfect spot for a relaxing dinner, if thats possible with 13 people! Food services was excellent which isn't always the case with a large group. Again the food was really good, everyone was happy with the prime rib and white fish and the onion rings are hands down the best in MI possibly the midwest!

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Ive eaten here before but tonight was disappointing. Very inattentive service.

The sauce they smothered my steak and mushrooms with was not an Au ju as advertised but something thicker and the flavor killed everything else. The mushrooms were undercooked. And my drink was of poor quality also do to their using the wrong kind of glass. I was not offered desert.

The waitress did not report my concerns to management. And when I got with the manager she didn't know what to do...I'd already paid the bill... Customer happiness was not her priority either. How about a gift certificate? Maybe desert on the house? Nothing....

I won't eat there again. There are plenty of other places I can go around here. See ya.....!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

we were seated in "the Garden" - a little hideway terrace in the back, very romantic and beautiful with plants and flowers - my husband has prime rib, claims it was the tenderest he's ever had - the lobster and crab cake was wonderful too.

1  Thank flowergal53
Reviewed June 26, 2012

They have great sandwiches and perch - more of a casual place that is always full. For me, I always order the perch sandwich and a bloody mary.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had the best perch dinner ever as well as crab cakes for an appetizer. Service is exceptional and the wine list is great. I tend not to drink Michigan wines and they had good variety of other wines available by glass and bottle. Also, they don't take reservations, but if you call them and tell them that you will be there at a certain time, they really try to accommodate you. We only waited five minutes. This is great seeing that the place is always packed.

1  Thank Nancy O