“Classy!”

North Country Grill and Pub
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hand cut prime rib, freshest seafood available. Large out door patio and bar. Key West outdoor seating available in the summer months. Cozy fireplace in the winter. Finest Leelanau wine list. We do not take reservations due to our small seating capacity.
Reviewed July 8, 2012

we were seated in "the Garden" - a little hideway terrace in the back, very romantic and beautiful with plants and flowers - my husband has prime rib, claims it was the tenderest he's ever had - the lobster and crab cake was wonderful too.

1  Thank flowergal53

Reviewed June 26, 2012

They have great sandwiches and perch - more of a casual place that is always full. For me, I always order the perch sandwich and a bloody mary.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had the best perch dinner ever as well as crab cakes for an appetizer. Service is exceptional and the wine list is great. I tend not to drink Michigan wines and they had good variety of other wines available by glass and bottle. Also, they don't take reservations, but if you call them and tell them that you will be there at a certain time, they really try to accommodate you. We only waited five minutes. This is great seeing that the place is always packed.

1  Thank Nancy O
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Not the water views, but no one has better food than this place -- really! Very charming and warm atmosphere -- NOT stuffy! These people know how to make and present food but also how to have fun doing it. Try sitting in the outdoor bar/cafe, it's great!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

My Fiance and I were staying in Sutton's Bay over Easter and decide to try North Country from the reviews. We were not disappointed.
The smell of the wood burning fireplace greets you at the door and invites you in. We found the waitstaff to be personable and accommodating. After a full day of hiking around Lake Michigan we were famished and ordered a ton of food. With no regrets it was all delicious!!! I started with the lobster chowder and he had the Oysters. Both were top quality, the chowder had large chunks of lobster. Next, the dinner salad with their yummy homemade White Balsamic Vinaigrette. The greens and veggies were very fresh and crisp, topped with scrumptious croutons. We both ordered North Country's specialty, the Prime Rib and Lobster. All I can say is WOW!!!! The Prime rib will not disappoint. It was a perfectly prepared, thick cut of tender Prime Rib. Not to mention it was very flavorful. The sweet lobster was serviced with drawn butter, absolutely divine.
The next day we enjoyed our leftovers for lunch. Even after that we looked forward to having our last dinner in Suttons Bay there that night. Yup, we ate their two nights in a row!!
If you're in the area do yourself a favor and enjoy an evening at the North Country Grill.