“Delicious lobster bisque”

North Country Grill and Pub
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hand cut prime rib, freshest seafood available. Large out door patio and bar. Key West outdoor seating available in the summer months. Cozy fireplace in the winter. Finest Leelanau wine list. We do not take reservations due to our small seating capacity.
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We ate here with my group of girlfriends. I ordered the lobster bisque with salad. Both were wonderful. The atmosphere is charming and there is outdoor seating with bar during the spring/summer season.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We have visited North Country many times and the food has always been excellent....the lobster and prime rib dinner are to die for...Service also is top notch....They have an early bird special from 4-6, same great food just a smaller portion....I would recommend North Country to anyone looking for a good meal. The only draw back is they open at 4 pm...so dinner only...no lunches...

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Pretty darn good. A small homey/rustic tavernish place that has escargot on the menu. Out tonight, unfortunately.

Think very good steak or seafood. Or a burger or sub type sandwich. Daily specials. Moderate pricing

Went lite with linguini in lobster sauce with shrimp for <$20. Sauce was nice Mostly lobster meat With diced green pepper and tomato which was not overlooked. Shrimp were done right too. Side was a salad or slaw. Opted for the slaw. Fresh made in house with a uniquely tangy sauce -- very pleasing. Saved room for desert and taking all the leftovers home

A German inspired chocolate ganash (sp). For desert. Like a dense chocolate pudding. Toned down with an appropriate amount of wiped cream and just the right amount of nuts. Great texture and flavor. The other choice was a fresh apple crisp. Very tempting.

Black coffee is okay. They could get something more interesting locally. The Mai Tai is an artistic drink and here he poured his by sight and it was contemporary. Decent, if uninspired, and there was rum in it. Always a plus on that

I'll be back for sure though I can see that it could get real busy. Especially in peak season or on weekends. Only holds maybe 50 people.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

A local shopkeeper suggested Martha’s Leelenau Table and North Country. We arrived at Martha’s Leelenau Table around 5:30 PM on a Saturday night during peak season. I was surprised to see several empty tables but my enthusiasm was extinguished when the hostess told us they were completely booked. We went across the street to North Country and had a swell meal. The restaurant looked nice. The weather was good so we sat on the patio. Our service was attentive and pleasant. I had the prime rib special and my wife had chicken marsala. The salads were good and I recommend the house dressing. Our daughter had a hot dog and fries from the kids menu. The fries were seasoned and especially good. You probably won’t find Mario Batali here, but maybe you don’t need to. This seems like the kind of place that would consistently serve good food with no fanfare.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Delicious salad dressing.... I hate green leaf salads but their poppy seed dressing converted me. Lobster tail just wonderful and steaks cooked to perfection. We ate here twice in the week and enjoyed both meals immensely. They were very accommodating with a baby stroller. Outdoor seating too. Topped up sodas (we don't get that in the UK). Great variety and choice. Lots of seafood. And a happy hour.