“Don't waste your time.”

22 Vines and Wine
Ranked #16 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We wanted to-go Thai food on a Saturday night. We haven't been to this place in months, but thought we should give it a try as the food isn't that bad and it is close by. I tried to order the pad thai, vegetarian with vegetables (which I have ordered before) and they wouldn't let me. He suggested many "other" options, and was not listening to me. When I asked if I could just have vegetables in the $14 Pad Thai, he rudely told me "no...." Don't you dare waste your time with this restaruant--the services is awful and the food isn't that great. Please drive the extra time to Suttons Bay and go to any of those restaraunts--you will thank me.

3  Thank Meg R

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I went here on Sept.1 with my wige and 2the kids. There was inly 1 other couple there. Immediately, the waitress was non-welcoming with her non-verbal and later, verbal queues. When we asked her if they had a kids menu, she said no and suggested noodles! She appeared annoyed that we even asked. My wife and I placed our orders and I went to use the rest room. When I returned to the table, I could tell my wife was upset. She clearly overhears the waitress ask the couple 2 tables away from us if they would like to move because of the kids. Both times, the couple said no. Our 3 year old and 1 year old were behaving very well. This rude behavior exhibited by the waitress was unacceptable. We immediately cancelled our order and not once did the deplorable waitress apologize. We spoke to the couple who was seated 2 tables away and they were very kind. They were not bothered by the fact that we walked into a restaurant with 2 kids. Shame on the 22Vines ownership for their lack of customer service and inability to serve families.

2  Thank Rcanton
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife loves Thai, so I took her here for dinner. She loved it! The food was great, and the atmosphere was nice too. There's a small store attached to the restaurant, which we browsed through. My wife especially liked the local artwork hung throughout the store. Our waitress didn't seem very familiar with the menu, but she was friendly and polite.

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Food, and atmosphere are fun and everything is updated. The waitress was not very friendly. Food wa really good, I got the chicken sandwich but e spring rolls were great!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is situated in a little store-like setting between Traverse City and Sutton's Bay. When we walked in, they were not unusually busy but there was no sign as to whether to seat yourself or wait. We waited, no one helped us so we sat ourselves. The waitress eventually got to us and was very flustered as she was apparently the 'lone server' that day. Selection was limited and the only vegetarian option was a salad. I opted to try a seafood dish. The dish was supposedly a curry but it was awful with little bits of shell in it. Very unappetizing. Needs some work.