“Disappointed”

Silver Leaf Vineyard & Winery
Ranked #10 of 23 things to do in Suttons Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: An Artisan's Approach... We are dedicated to making wines that reflect the unique character and quality of our vineyard and the vineyards of Michigan. Whether carefully sourcing grapes from top sites in the state or from our own vineyard, our winery was built on the belief that great wines begin in the vineyard. We strive to understand the needs and opportunities presented by each specific terroir. We harvest when the flavors have reached their peak and the tannins are at their softest. In the winery, we apply an artisan's approach to winemaking, using taste and instinct, not formula to build our wines. Wines are barreled in either French oak or American oak depending upon the grape and what might be best for the particular vintage at hand. The commitment to crafting wines of distinction will remain at the heart of Silver Leaf Vineyard's philosophy. As our estate property continues to mature, the winery will continue creating exceptional wines. Our hope is that you'll grow with us. For the full experience spend a few nights in our cabin situated in the vineyard and truly be one with the wine.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Bay City, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had not visited in a few years and since we were in the neighborhood we stopped by. Unfortunately the odor of fresh paint almost sent us back out the door. The young man working behind the bar said he was painting barrels. Seemed like an odd concept to us. But then he said they were to be sold as decorations. Hmmm. Poor location for painting. The smell invaded our noses and threw off our tasting. Wish we could have visited with the knowledgeable owners. They know how to sell their wine.

Visited July 2013

Sterling Heights, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Definite Must If You Enjoy White Wine”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stopped in for pre-holiday wine tasting and ended up buying one bottle of each white wine. I couldn't pick just one! The Playa Blanca was such a treat - especially since I'm normally not a fan of Sauvignon Blanc, but it has such wonderful flavor. Try the Chafia Cherry - not at all like the usual overly-sweet cherry wines. Owner was very gracious and treated us to free tastings even though the normal tasting charge is by far the most reasonable in the area. Can't wait to return for more!

Visited December 2012
Canton, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hard to find but worth it”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I can't put in the address for Silver Leaf into my GPS - it just doesn't exist, but the coordinates worked great. The hill is a little daunting, but just give it some gas and you'll be fine.

The wine is quite enjoyable. The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable.

This was our second visit. We didn't visit many wineries this trip to TC, but made sure to get to Silver Leaf.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A once-in-a-lifetime experience!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the cabin on the vineyard. I have never experienced such quiet and beauty in my life... what a stunning, glorious vineyard, and each and every wine we tasted was REALLY tasty. I especially loved the Pinot Noir and the Chafia (a cherry wine blend). Though I was skeptical to try a cherry wine (my attitude before trying this was that a cherry wine sounded vile), I ended up purchasing a bottle. It was DELICIOUS. I can't wait to open it tonight when I have guests over for dinner!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth A
Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great little place, too bad the help doesn't know much about their pricing!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped in for a wine tasting and thought the place was cute. Enjoyed a few of the wines but the Chardonnay was our favorite. Unfortunately, we wanted to buy a case to go but the clerk had no idea on pricing. Big loss for the owners if this happens frequently. We left without making a purchase.

Visited July 2012