Martha's Leelanau Table
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Martha's leelanau Table is a European Style bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique century old farmhouse in a small town on the Leelanau Peninsula in the little finger of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in local food and wine from the family run wineries and farms in Leelanau County and the surrounding areas of Northern Michigan.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

After reading the negative review of August 2 I felt the need to respond.
My husband and I were dining that night as well.
I have worked in the food and beverage industry for close to 30 years and this was my observation:
Upon arrival we were greeted by the host who, in my opinion, seemed out of sorts. The restaurant was very busy. Martha's Table is a small restaurant with limited seating. With a full house, people waiting to be seated and waitstaff trying to do their job it's no wonder someone sitting at the high tops would get bumped.
If Westly is who I think she is, it was quite clear she was the floor manager and having an issue with the host not doing his job appropriately. Small kitchens mean only so many meals can come out in a timely manner. If servers are oversat that is an impossibility. Not sure the exact issue of the host, but it was quite clear he should not have been there.
Overall it was a good experience and we will be back.

marthasleelanautable, Owner at Martha's Leelanau Table, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

dear "give it a try'. Thank you for your kind comments. I cannot say how much it means to me to have someone totally understand a situation as you have done. I cannot say anything else except thank you. Martha Ryan

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am so very disappointed in the seating. The Chef's table, I could see everything. The waitresses verbally abusing the host. Our waitress Debbie was good, but slow as she had a big party. Westly should be fired as she was the trouble maker. My husband as hit, shoved and kicked all evening in his chair. The food was good. But dout I will be back any time soon. Too bad.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you willing to eat outside, you can bring your four legged friend. We brought our 8 week old puppy who charmed everyone and got people talking cross table about their pets. The menu is varied and the food is very well prepared.we think that Martha's Table as simply one of the very best restaurants around! I loved my lamb chops and my husband had crab cakes. If you don't like well behaved canine companions, then you can eat inside this wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank Priscilla C
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had dinner on two different evenings at Martha's. The menu offered interesting choices and our selections were both attractive and very tasty. Martha's is a first-class restaurant in Sutton's Bay.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Martha's is a nice place in Suttons Bay to have a relaxing dinner. It is not large, and during the season a reservation is essential.