“new favorite”

Martha's Leelanau Table
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Martha's leelanau Table is a European Style bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique century old farmhouse in a small town on the Leelanau Peninsula in the little finger of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in local food and wine from the family run wineries and farms in Leelanau County and the surrounding areas of Northern Michigan.
Suttons Bay, Michigan
“new favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have had an ongoing spring fling with Maratha's Leelanau Table. I was in particular need to be be nourished and unsure what my body was asking for. The staff at Martha's chose a lunch special, cup of soup, half a sandwich and a decadent desert. I trusted her suggestion and was satisfied by a warm cup of Moroccan carrot soup and a vegetarian meatball sandwich. It was something to be savored. I don't even remember the desert that time because I have been back three times and all the goodness has blurred into a new favorite place to suggest. I once ordered desert first, and the pastry chef came out to see who ordered desert before a meal and cheerfully shared her love for her rhubarb magic. Truly a treat. Such an enchanting setting. Love the outdoor seating.

• Visited June 2013

“Very Nice Dinner on Martha's Patio with Entertainment, We Will Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a little something different this weekend so we decided to drive 30 minutes to Sutton's Bay to visit Martha's. It was worth the drive. The town cute and the restaurant very good.

When we entered we saw the cute patio and since it was since a nice evening asked to be seated on the patio. I should note we used their "urserv" reservation system on the site and they did not have our reservation. Fortunately it was not an issue.

We started with the Leelanau Raclette cheese with roast potatoes, cornichon and toasted french bread. It was very good and reminded us of the raclette fondue we ate in Zurich last year.

I had the baked scallops because we were told they were one of the specialties of the house. They are served with herbed butter, fresh thyme, duster with planko and lots of paprika and then baked. They were good, however I think they were over seasoned with paprika and the scallop difficult to taste.

I think next time I would try the Rib Eye which is a house special too. The Flank Steak special looked very good too.

My wife had the Steak and Lake special. Applewood smoked bacon wrapped a local tenderloin and pan seared white fish served with a tasty tarter sauce. Both were cooked nicely and were very tasty.

We had a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and my wife an after dinner drink, me a cup of decaf cappuccino.

Just after we sat down a local father and daughter set up and played their guitar and sang. IT was very nice. We stayed a little longer to enjoy them play a little old and new folk music.

Nice evening, we will return.

Commerce Township, Michigan
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel - and they were right, it was a great meal!
They were quite busy, however service was good and staff was very pleasant. I enjoyed the salmon and my sister the white fish. Very nice wine selection too. 2 thumbs up!

fort wayne
“terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Although the food was excellent, the service was not. We were visiting for lunch, a vegan couple and a gluten free person. When we mentioned these diets to our server, we were immediately handed off, quite rudely, to the hostess, who was very friendly and accomodating. Then, we were given our lunch options and passed off to a different server. This new server did not even know what was on the menu or what was available! I would not recomend this restaurant if you have any dietary restrictions, or if you are looking for friendly service!

1 Thank nursekap
marthasleelanautable, Owner at Martha's Leelanau Table, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear "terrible service". Please accept my apologies for a less than superior meal at Martha's. Some of my staff may be new, but everyone at martha's knows that we bend over backward to serve people with allergy limitations. I am again so sorry that you received bad service when you visited Martha's and that you were treated badly. i will have an internal investigation and see what went wrong. sincerely martha ryan
Columbus, Ohio
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We found this little gem when driving through wine country. The food and service were great. My husband was very happy with the Farm Chowder and their Coconut Cake. I enjoyed a gluten-free sandwich (their own-made bread) and their GF Fallen Angel cake with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. We liked today's meal so much that we are planning on going back there tomorrow!

Visited June 2013