“The Best”

Martha's Leelanau Table
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Martha's leelanau Table is a European Style bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique century old farmhouse in a small town on the Leelanau Peninsula in the little finger of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in local food and wine from the family run wineries and farms in Leelanau County and the surrounding areas of Northern Michigan.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We found this little gem when driving through wine country. The food and service were great. My husband was very happy with the Farm Chowder and their Coconut Cake. I enjoyed a gluten-free sandwich (their own-made bread) and their GF Fallen Angel cake with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. We liked today's meal so much that we are planning on going back there tomorrow!

There are newer reviews for Martha's Leelanau Table

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Met a local for lunch today and it was wonderful. All very accommodating with our needs. Sis in law is from Northport and many friendly faces were seen also from Northport.

A cup of home made "real lentil veggie' soup with a half Panini special was my choice while Hubby opted for the Poblano Chicken Soup and his Italian style sandwich. Sis followed my lead. It is very small but busy and all is made there on site as well as tasty.

I would recommend this wee Restaurant passing thru, spending the day or just need some really good home cooking!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The snack was really nice and meal being served looked delicious. Friendly and accomodating staff...would love to return.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while touring the Leelanau Peninsula and the meal was just what we needed. The food was delicious, not too heavy. The atmosphere was great. Only suggestion is to have the waitresses check up on the guests a little more frequently for drink refills and such but since we were not in a hurry we hardly noticed. Great place to relax with friends. Will visit again

marthasleelanautable, Owner at Martha's Leelanau Table, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Hi Great Lunch, thanks so much for stopping by. Your review is very much appreciated. Hope that you will stop in again when you are in suttons bay the next time. Martha

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The first time I ate here with my husband was last year in May. We sat outside and had a lovely veal dinner with wine and had great service. We had just stopped by and did not have reservations and were happy they still had a couple specials left. So this year we decided to stop and make reservations when we did another errand. The hostess said all was filled between 7 and 8 PM and she could seat us at 6:30. Well, during dinner that lasted well beyond 7:30, we seen the place was more than half empty. Okay, on to the food. Husband had lobster bisque and crab cakes. Admittedly he is a bisque and crab cake affectionado and rates everything against the east coast. Per him the bisque was so so and same with the cakes. Not great, but not bad either. Wish I could say the same for my lamb chops. Lamb has such a nice subtle taste that should be enhanced by cooking, not hidden under a myriad of spices that were really spcicey and totally lost the flavor of the lamb. I thought it was horrid. When I asked for an alternate vegetable (other than squash), I suggested a sliced tomato. This came about half way through the meal and it was just that....one slice cut in half. Oh well. Now, this would not be bad if it were not a $100. meal and I had only one glass of wine. Husband had iced tea. I think he crossed this one of the list when we do our Suttons Bay visits in the future.

1  Thank MichiganOldLady
marthasleelanautable, Owner at Martha's Leelanau Table, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear "Not what we expected this time", I am so sorry that your experience at martha's was less than wonderful. I do not serve veal on the menu so you might have had something else last year. i just started serving my signature scallop chowder about a month ago and have had rave reviews from my customers. it is not lobster chowder. I am sorry your husband did not like it. I use only the best blue lump crab meat I can purchase and the crab cakes are one of my specialties also. sorry I am striking out on my second time up at bat for you folks. Hope you will stop in again and give us another try. I have a prix fixe meal every night from 5-6 which is a 3 course meal with soup or salad, entree and dessert for $17. It is a locals favorite to come for prix fixe before a movie or just for an early dinner. Hope you will join us again soon. thanks for your helpful review. Martha Ryan