“Dining Delight in Suttons Bay”

Martha's Leelanau Table
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Martha's leelanau Table is a European Style bistro serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique century old farmhouse in a small town on the Leelanau Peninsula in the little finger of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in local food and wine from the family run wineries and farms in Leelanau County and the surrounding areas of Northern Michigan.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to Martha's on a recommendation from Jim and LInda, the B&B hosts at Korner Kottage. It did not disappoint. The food is local, fresh, and delicious. At dinner we started out with a delicious appetizer featuring melted Leelanau Raclette cheese. It came with roasted red potatoes, cornichons pickles, and toast points. Our salads were delightful with fresh greens, and I was intrigued by the pickled beets in mine. We asked a question about them and Martha herself came out to explain how she prepared them. They were not my mother in-law's oldstyle beets, but crispy, slightly tart, and delicious! My coffee rubbed ribs were tender and delicious. My wife's meal was also very tasty and perfectly done. Our deserts featured local fruits and were fresh and a perfect ending to the meal.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a fabulous meal at Martha's. The meals were made with fresh ingredients and were well prepared. Two in the party had desserts and they almost licked their plates. The waitstaff was friendly and professional. It was a great experience. We plan to make this a regular stop for every Traverse City visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food is always fresh, delicious and creative. I had the best crab cakes I have ever had in the Midwest. My husband loved his
shrimp and crab ettoufie and love it. Our server was alittle slow and not very enthusiastic but she was nice.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was expecting an incredible meal since the restaurant is one of Mario Batali's Up North picks. The food was good but not great. The service was spotty. We had two little boys with us and I would have thought the wait staff would be eager to take our order and expedite the meal. That didn't happen. We had to wait fr our waiter to spend an inordinate amount of time explaining the dessert menu to a table nearby. I also was taken aback when he asked us if we knew what burrata was. I assume that if a diner doesn't recognize an ingredient an explanation would be solicited. It felt patronizing to me.

1  Thank BarbA2
Reviewed August 21, 2012

2 weeks ago on a Sunday I decided to treat my daughter in from San Francisco to dinner. Being from SF and being use to the best of the best I decided to take her to Martha's Table in Suttons Bay. Heard a lot about it, and not too thrilled with most of the restaurants in TC. The wine was awesome, Laguna, priced great, wonderful feature...
soup was a pumpkin or squash bisque....it was bland, salad feature was great, I ordered chicken with Racquelette which was beyond tough, it was to the rock like stage...my daughter had pork tenderloin that was way overcooked, no pink and leather like. Given the prices they charge, you would think the chef would have thrown it out and started over. I cannot understand why in Northern Michigan our fine dining is really not so fine and we keep putting up with it!!!

5  Thank tcfoodie123