The lobby wasn't too bad, but when we got beyond that, the smoke smell was everywhere, in everything. The first room we went into was depressing. The windows were old and filmy, and there were not screens on them. We tried to check out after we saw the room, but the woman at the front desk said it was her first day on the job and she didn't know how to ensure that we wouldn't be charged, so we stayed. We looked at four different rooms before we settled on one. The little envelopes that holds the card keys were old and used many times, and therefore, dirty, something the Health Department would not approve of, I am sure. In the third room, there were no lightbulbs in the lamps and when they brought bulbs into the room to replace the missing ones, the maintenance worked dropped one of the CFL mercury bulbs onto the floor. It shattered and he was picking it up with his bare hands. We tried to tell him not to do that, but he didn't understand English, so it was no use. Because of the mercury, we left that room. The place is old and run down. There was a very dirty pool, but I can't imagine anyone going into it anyway. I understand the owners of the hotel are new and they are working on improvements, but they have a long way to go.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Travelodge Sturgis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.