“Very good place with a reasonable price”
Review of Travelodge Sturgis

Travelodge Sturgis
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sturgis
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Very good place with a reasonable price”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and it was overall a great place. Everything was really clean and comfortable.the staff was really friendly and room was very clean. I will definitely come back to this hotel. The breakfast provided was also great!

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor .
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nick p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hays, Kansas
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Rooms and bathrooms were clean and fresh. No odors. Bed was comfortable and the matress was very good for sleeping on. Nicely appointed rooms with microwave and a clean refrigerator. Staff was excellent and friendly. For the rate it is very nice compared to others in the area which are less maintained. I will be making them my regular motel in Sturgis for my monthly visits

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DennisMN
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The staff is extremely pleasant and accommodating. The room was serviced well, was clean and conveniently came with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, TV and hairdryer. You are greeted by a warm welcoming lobby, and the continental breakfast area is inviting and clean. Though the place has seen better days as evidenced by the closed, unusable and now overgrown pool area, it was still a pleasant stay especially for the price.

The location is conveniently located near the high way and to the Amish tourist attractions. It is located directly across the street from Applebee's and within walking distance of many other eating establishments. The neighborhood is mostly retail and light industrial with near by residential. It felt very safe.

I explored the entire establishment and would recommend that you ask for a room in the area nearest the lobby. Rooms 101-123 and 201-223 seemed best. When you get past these rooms you are in a different wing of the hotel and it is slightly more abused.

You may want to note that this hotel does allow pets and a barking dog did wake me up the first night I was there.

In summary, this hotel is a great value if you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 101 to 123
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank midwesttraveler003
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I just recently stayed at the Regency inn and I loved it I don't know what or how they looked at this place I deffiently did not see any thing wrong with this place the service was great, the rooms where clean and I think it's at te best location in the middle of the town where everything is at and on top of that it was all at one great price! I'm defiently looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Neoneil228
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The lobby wasn't too bad, but when we got beyond that, the smoke smell was everywhere, in everything. The first room we went into was depressing. The windows were old and filmy, and there were not screens on them. We tried to check out after we saw the room, but the woman at the front desk said it was her first day on the job and she didn't know how to ensure that we wouldn't be charged, so we stayed. We looked at four different rooms before we settled on one. The little envelopes that holds the card keys were old and used many times, and therefore, dirty, something the Health Department would not approve of, I am sure. In the third room, there were no lightbulbs in the lamps and when they brought bulbs into the room to replace the missing ones, the maintenance worked dropped one of the CFL mercury bulbs onto the floor. It shattered and he was picking it up with his bare hands. We tried to tell him not to do that, but he didn't understand English, so it was no use. Because of the mercury, we left that room. The place is old and run down. There was a very dirty pool, but I can't imagine anyone going into it anyway. I understand the owners of the hotel are new and they are working on improvements, but they have a long way to go.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WheatieMom_10

Travelers are raving about these Sturgis hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I really can't understand the 2 reviews I read about this hotel being run down.
I found the rooms to be very clean and modern , air cond. was quiet and cool , friendly staff, easy check in.The lobby was nicely decorated.The hotel is right across the street from Applebees , Walmart .close to all food and shopping.
The price was great . Lots of free parking.
Yes, I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ypsilanti, MI
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I booked this hotel thinking it was a "Regency Hotel" --This is no Regency...it has broken windows....the paint and siding is peeling...People (Who I believe live in the hotel) have their windows wide opened with no screens.. with drapes hanging out of the windows... The inside smells like Mexican food is cooking... I don't think anyone should cook in a hotel.... It's a fire hazard... Once My Husband and I went inside to view the room.... We carried ALL of our belongings right back to our vehicle and left.. I am out $86.00 But this place is not safe to stay in... I told the desk clerk that we decided Not to stay.... He asked me why? I said I do not feel safe in this hotel.... I explained the broken windows and the smell of food being cooked in rooms.... He said..".But You are not staying on the second floor you are right around the corner"....
I kindly said Thank You and we left.... This place ruined Our trip to Shipsy...
we ended up driving back home... :(

Also the pool was closed and had junk all in the pool area... No One let Us know that the Pool was closed when we booked this....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna0917
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Super 8 Three Rivers
Super 8 Three Rivers
#1 of 3 in Three Rivers
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Three Rivers

Been to Travelodge Sturgis? Share your experiences!