“Fun stop on way home from Shipse.”
Review of Boundary Waters

Boundary Waters
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Sturgis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife, Granddaughter and I tried this new (to us) place, on a whim. Glad we did.
Really good burgers, but get it Med., as they suggest. I typ. go w/ MW and that wasn't nec. at this place.
Not sure why we never noticed it before, but will definitely try it again when down in Sturgis.
We all liked what we had.

Enjoy!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

When I first arrived at the restaurant, after entering via the rear entrance, I approached the front of the restaurant but wasn't sure if there was a host or hostess or where I should sit. I noticed a stuffed moose head on the wall by the bar, some fishing-related items hanging on the front wall, and a few other "boundary waters" themed artifacts around the place. After standing between what looked like a host/cashier station and the bar, a man behind the bar, who'd been talking to a patron there, grabbed a menu and seated me. He told me that either Paige or Luke would help me, and after a few minutes Paige approached me and took my drink order. I'd already decided on the "plain" walleye entree so I ordered it along with the drink. The single-page menu itself was clever and nicely fit the restaurant theme as it was surrounded by a wooden frame. Paige brought my drink fairly quickly, and then my salad. The fish was ready very shortly thereafter, and it was very tasty, accompanied by white rice with what appeared to be a few coconut shreds in it and some nice vegetables - green beans, red peppers, etc. Everything seemed to be perfect until I was finished and after sitting a few minutes wondered where Paige had gone. The man who'd seated me came by to talk to some of the patrons sitting nearby and he took my empty dishes away. I figured he'd let Paige know I was done. But I sat for what seemed like ten or more minutes before Paige finally appeared. Meanwhile the other waitperson, Luke, attended tables near me three times but I didn't see Paige. She finally approached and asked if I was done. I said I was and she eventually brought my check. The bottom line: very good food, but I'm wondering if I should have had Luke wait on me instead of Paige as he seemed to be much more attentive to his customers.

2  Thank Paul K
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Flew into Chicago from Oregon Friday afternoon for business - then picked up a rental car and headed straight to Sturgis. Plan was to meet my Aunt and Uncle who live in Adrian, MI for a short-notice dinner halfway between where my business trip was taking me and where they live. None of us had ever been to Sturgis, and made our dining choice based off their website. The atmosphere was cozy, the staff treated us like family, and the food was phenomenal. Mind you the three of us are VERY good cooks and our family has run multiple restaurants in the past. We are hard to impress. Aunt had the fish tacos, Uncle had the Sonoma chicken sandwich, and I had the crab-stuffed-shrimp linguini Alfredo with a Caesar salad. All of us were amazed at the quality and freshness of our food. Every plate left the table wiped clean. We were so happy. The beer and wine list was also extensive and we partook of that with equal enthusiasm. The prices were very reasonable as well.

Bottom line: GO. Find it. Become a regular. If I didn't live across the country I'd be there as often as possible.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Incredible sandwiches, esp the Reuben. Wonderful waitstaff.
Delicious homemade cheesecake! Don't miss this gem of a restaurant

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Love it. Located on the south side of the main street of Sturgis which is actually Chicago Rd/HWY12. The menu and plating is modern. Wood floors, tall ceilings, and a small bar. I was there for lunch and everything from the panini and my own fish tacos were good. A little different for me having pan fried fish in a fish taco, but out came 3 small tacos with their own special spicy sauce. They looked beautiful on the plate and tasted great, light, fresh, and filling. The prices are more than fair and it's a lovely place. It looks like their menu is different than what is shown on the restaurant's web site. The lunch menu was delightfully diverse and I had a hard time deciding which treat to try. It's not a typical lunch diner it's a cafe!

1  Thank flifish