“Decent food, average service, reasonable prices”

Fiesta Mexicana Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Sturgis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I ate at this restaurant as several reviews I read rated it the best Mexican restaurant in the Sturgis, MI area. However, a few things were a little disappointing. First, although I was seated quickly, it seemed my waiter was a little slow. After what seemed a long time, he brought a basket of chips and a small carafe of salsa. However, he didn't bring a bowl to put the salsa in (the carafe was not conducive to dipping chips), and it took him about three or four minutes to come back with a small bowl, which was very warm - I assume they'd run short and he got it straight from the dishwasher, but this would make the cold salsa warm up so I waited a few minutes before pouring the salsa in. Next, I found the chips to be a little too firm - the kind that if you aren't careful when you bite down you could cut the roof of your mouth - I had to be careful how I bit into them. Nearly ten minutes after I sat down my waiter finally took my drink order, and he came back with a large stein of Dos Equis after what seemed like a long time. The restaurant wasn't that busy but my waiter didn't seem to react with the quickness I see at other restaurants that are just as busy. Finally, after what seemed like another long time, he came to take my food order. The good news was that the food came out very quickly - both a house salad I ordered and the burritos with rice and beans on the side. However, the salad, priced at over $4, was a little disappointing. It wasn't that large, consisted of some lettuce with a few onions, a single tomato slice, and a few green pepper rings, and the only option for dressing was ranch. I've had much better house salads at other Mexican restaurants for less. I noticed from the time the food was delivered until I'd eaten everything in front of me and finished off the 27-oz. beer my waiter didn't come by to see how I was doing. Fortunately, I didn't need anything while he was away, but if I had, it would have been a long wait! Bottom line: I give this restaurant an overall average rating. I'll have to try some of the other Mexican places in Sturgis to see if they're better!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very good food! Menu has a good variety. Cost is pretty competitive and portions are good sized. We eat there once a month at least.

1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very good food. Extremely fast service. I go there at least once per week with my wife or friends. Our Church mens group has a weekly lunch there (has for many years). I look forward to this each week. Once again, the owners and staff are super friendly. Never have had a bad experience there. If you are going to eat one meal in Sturgis, this is the place to go.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family eats here atleast once a month. Great food great service great atmosphere. Best resturaunt in Sturgis

1  Thank bulldogfan_99
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were greeted promptly and seated. The food was floating in water, not sure why. The food was very bland and not spicy at all. We received on basket of chips and were never offered any more. We each received on beverage and were never offer, nor received, a refill. The family agreed, we will not return.