“Super location at the border of the Krugerpark” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casart Game Lodge

Casart Game Lodge
Overijse, Brabant, Belgium
“Super location at the border of the Krugerpark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

The pictures on the website did not lie, on the contrary, this is paradise. Fantastic room (luxe rondavel) with its own Jacuzzi, incredibly fine cuisine and amazing friendliness/hospitality of the owners , Sonja and Jan.
All animals of Kruger have access to the water place close to the lodge. We had an encounter with a WILD lion just outside the property. The bushwalk with Johan & Neville was great too. Although the challenging dirt road is long and adventurous the reward at the end is more than worth it. Very recommendable. March 2012 Bernadette & Chris Belgium

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Valkenswaard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

It's 7 AM and I am sitting on the veranda of my rondavel at Casart ;slept like a charm and just woke up ; my wife made me a cup of Rooibosch tea and now I am in the open air ,smelling the bush ,and listening to a lone jackall not too far away.

There are a couple of huge elephants at the waterhole which I can just see through the thicket ,I'll rush to the main deck and finish my review later on .

For me and my wife ,it doesn't get any better than this. Maybe in the afternoon I'll hop
in the private jacuzzi and afterwards read a good book while relaxing on the sunbeds right
next to the jacuzzi.

This is our last full day at Casart, and we are weary to leave this beautifull resort of ultimate peace and rest. Every single day was filled with every ingredient you hope to find in the bush ;combine those things with luxury and you will find yourselves at Casart Game Lodge.

I believe I already mentioned this in an earlier review ,but I have to pay another compliment to Sonia and Jan and their staff regarding everything they do for their guests. Food is excellent ,many choices of wine and the overall atmosphere is just overwhelming friendly.

Friends of ours ,as well as my wife's parents will visit Casart later this year and they will undoubtedly fall in love with this lodge ,just as we did.

Room Tip: Rooms are all equally good !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hans9856
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

A small paradise just outside the Kruger Park (ab. 30 km), but still within borders of the magnificent 'Nature Reserve'.
Luxery without the inconveniences of bigger Lodges/hotels. Sonia and Jan are the most devoted hosts I ever met (believe me, I travel a lot). And last but not least, they offer a wonderful breakfast and outstanding three course dinners !!! If you are looking for a place where you are surounded by nature and wildlife, but with the comfort of luxury lodges (and jaccuzzi) and very, very friendly hosts, this is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JVG_12
College Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I was in South Africa for a four week volunteer trip, tired of showering with cold water from the river and “dorm” living I found myself in need of a little vacation from my vacation so I booked a two night stay at Casart.

What I needed most from Casart was peace and quiet and the opportunity to relax and that was exactly what I got. Either lying by the pool enjoying the wonderful surroundings, sitting on the deck of my rondavel reading, or napping in my exquisite room, every minute of my stay at Casart was perfect. Sonia and Jan are excellent hosts and I felt right at home enjoying their company, cooking, and hospitality. They are both dedicated to ensuring their guests have the perfect experience. Casart is a wonderful, intimate game lodge set in Grietjie, a private nature reserve on the Olifants river home to a wide range of wild life including elephants, giraffes, and lion. It is the choice location to set out on an excursion to Kruger or simply a place to get away and unwind.

Thank you Sonia and Jan for making my last night in South Africa perfect, I can not wait to return for a longer stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tory C
Elewijt, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Greetjie, the Casart Game Lodge was really the best place to start our trip and opened our heart and our mind to South Africa. We felt immediately at home in this wonderful great, well build, cosy and comfortable guest house . We enjoyed the true hospitality, the excellent cuisine as our dinner with fabuleus South-African wines, greatly selected by the hostess ,the buffet- breakfast at the main table in front of the open window, looking at the pool , welcoming the fresh morning and wondering about the sunny and mysterious area. But at the evening the pool looked at his best with the memorable and unforgetable candlelights under the southern stars We felt Africas peacefulness and Africas adventure during our two days-stay, discussing with the hosts Sonja and Jan and their charming staff about life and living and travelling there.
Two organised safaris opened our eyes. During our daytrip,and even in the darkness, we were lucky to have seen a lot of animals, trees and flowers in the lovely area of Grietjie.
In any case we recommend greatly the Casart Game Lodge to anybody who likes and appreciates the friendly ,carefully and correct hosts Sonja and Jan, and who can fully enjoy a part of South Africa at his very best

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jef v
General-Willestr. 199, 8706 Meilen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Straight coming from Switzerland, we arrived this beautiful place inside the fantastic wild live nature reserve, Grietjie. It was the right place to start our holiday. Within the three days at Casart we could perfectly switch of from our stressed business live. Apart from the tasteful furnished rondavels, we were culinary spoiled every single day. It was a great pleasure to spend many interesting hours with the friendly manager team Sonja and Jan. Everything was perfect. Even lions and elephants showed up. When ever we come back in this region, we know where to go.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

It was our first trip to South Africa and we chose to get married during our stay. It was the most wonderful experience in every way possible. Casart game lodge where great to help me plan the wedding events with there contacts in the community and there great customer service. I could not have ask for a better outcome everything was great from the meal to the site location. Game viewing was also great saw Elephants, Giraffe, Kudu, Impala, and lots of birds directly from in the pool. Last but not least the food was wonderful! Sonia is a great cook! She makes traditional South African meals and provides guest with the history behind the food. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Balule Nature Reserve
Muweti Bush Lodge
Muweti Bush Lodge
#1 of 5 in Grietjie Nature Reserve

Been to Casart Game Lodge? Share your experiences!