“Price was reasonable......bed was comfortable.......toilet and bathtub was disgusting........”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Reviewed June 28, 2014

First time to stay at Hampton Inn I-94 as most of the hotels/inns at the vicinity were fully booked. Price was very reasonable. Once I stepped into the bathroom and tried to use the toilet.....OMG.... the toilet seat hasn't been clean up and you could find lots of yellowish spots (big and small) all over the place......apparently the previous user has been a bit messy......but shouldn't the toilet be sanitized after use????? Eventually I have no choice but to clean it up by myself.......Well, the bathtub was old and with mold.......Probably will stay away from Hampton Inn the second time if I have a choice

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joe A
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with cleanliness at our location. My staff and I want to ensure every guests stay is as enjoyable as possible and I am sorry this was not your experience. I have already addressed your concerns with the team to ensure this does not happen again. Please call me if you would like to discuss in more detail. Jack White.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our group turned up early - an hour before check in time and the attendant did a wonderful job getting us in our rooms- We found this Hampton in a great location, staff friendly and room great- The breakfast was great- Great Stay

2  Thank James E

Thank you James for the review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and our staff. I will share your comments with the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

very pricey---perhaps time of year. The highest price I have paid for a Hampton Inn in ten plus years. In excess of $200 for a room with Severe Highway noise, a facility more than ten years old. Maybe it was time and place, and we had a personal special event. However, I would never pay that price nor even half of it for the "overall" facility and experience.

1  Thank Richard P M

Thank you for the review. I am sorry you were dissatisfied and I would be happy to discuss this further. Please call me at the hotel if you would like to discuss this in more detail. Jack White

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and hotel was clean. The rooms are a bit small but we only stayed one night, so it was fine. Just a few minutes away from downtown St. Joseph. Would definitely stay here again!

2  Thank Katie S

Thank you Katie for the five star review! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed there with my family of 4 for 2 nights to attend a wedding. Everything was clean and the decor inside the room was elegant. The breakfast was sufficient, and there were plenty of both hot and cold items. Either the booking site or the hotel messed up with my reservation b/c we're given a king's room. After a phone call and a switch of keys at the front desk we're given a double queen room without any hassle. The problem is, now we're on the other side of the hotel where we're facing the highway. That's where the big downside came in. Even with double-layered windows we could still hear the traffic. The sound proof was bad. But our family was still able to sleep without any problem. For anyone who is sensitive to noise at night you need to make sure that you pick a room that is away from the traffic. Other than that we're very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway and choose the ground floor.
1  Thank HKoldtimer

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with the noise. I am happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, we look forward to seeing you next time when we can get you on the non highway side of the hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had the need to stay in Stevensville, MI and the Hampton Inn was great. Close to gas stations and Meijers store for shopping. Food nearby. Clean rooms, friendly staff, easy check-in and breakfast was excellent. Overall stay was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael F

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I went to visit some of the local wineries, this hotel was perfectly located between the two main wine areas and served as a great half way point. Waking up to a hot breakfast was great. We had a nice room which included a mini fridge allowing us to keep our food items chilled over night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria W

Thank you Victoria for the review. We are glad to hear you were able to visit some of the local wineries while you were in the area. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St. Joseph Stevensville
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!