“Very good hotel in the heart of Lake Michigan Shoreline territory”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Booked a reservation about 5 weeks in advance. Reasonably priced, using my AARP discount---$105/nite for a double room. The hotel was completely sold out. Upon our arrival mid-day the Friday of the weekend, the attending desk clerk--Daphne--was extremely courteous and patient, dealing with a line of people looking to check in and not all the rooms were yet ready (understandable). She was most accomodating to us. Our room was nice---basically clean, except for the carpets and bathroom floor, which could have been done a little more thoroughly. The furniture and fixtures are all in good shape. The workout room was well-maintained, and the equipment up to date. The lobby area was very welcoming and had plenty of room for guests to hang out, etc. The morning breakfast was quite good, and the attendant worked very hard to keep things fully stocked and she was very friendly to the guests. I also like that the reception gets a full description of your car when you check in--as a security measure. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a moderately-priced solution for a central location near St. Joe/Benton Harbor, the wineries, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank applegirl57
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed at Hampton Inn, St. Joseph for 4 evenings on a business trip. I was really impressed with their customer service and excellent staff. I requested a quiet room and they kept a very quiet room on the 3rd floor for me. I checked in at 1:30 AM and I still got a nice room. The hotel staff is super nice and friendly. The room was very clean and bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The AC/Heater was also very quiet. The breakfast was okay. It could be improved, but there was no charge for it. There was 24 hours coffee and tea in the lobby and also they provided some fruit and freshly baked cookies in the evening. I recommend the hotel and I will stay there again. Thanks Hampton Inn, St. Joseph.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor and on the other side of the road if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I will never again use the pre pay option for the room reservations since this was one of the worst experiences I have had with Hampton. It took $25 and a number of phone calls to get the reservation changed, the clerk was not helpful at all. The clerk was short with me regarding the issue. "I cannot help you, you will have to take care of that in another manner" The room was noisy due to being right on the expressway side of the building. I did not sleep well at all and my wife did not sleep well either. The noise woke us both all night long.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry the booking policy did not meet your needs. I will contact you to gather more detail. We try to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and hope we can provide a better experience the next time you return to the area.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very clean room and common space, quick check-in. Desk clerk was very helpful with recommendations for area places to get dinner. I would stay at this property again in the future. This hotel is located near the highway but I didn't hear any of the road noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you for the review, were happy you were satisfied with your stay. Please come see us again soon, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The staff here were excellent! The room was very nice and the bathroom was beautiful! The bed was a bit firm, but the pillows and blankets were super comfy. The pool was ok size, but we had it all to ourselves. No hot tub. Breakfast was good, and the breakfast staff was soooo nice. I would definitely come back here. And the price was not bad either. Others around here were around $130. Excellent, wonderful staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGRAirport, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Hello Angela! Thank you for the outstanding review! We are so happy that you had excellent service while staying with us. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

You need to stay at a Hampton. The staff is the best ever, the beds and bedding are spotless and better than most of us have at home. Breakfast is fabulous and the 'to go bags' that are offered make your travels even better. Staying here feels like an extension of your own home. They even have fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies for you and the variety of coffee is always there for you. Be sure to sign up for your H points, it's free and the rewards are fabulous. The only thing better than being home is to be at a friends house and that's what you get when you stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Julie, we could not have said it better. Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one evening for business. I stay at Hampton's on a regular basis and the staff here was the best I have ever encountered. Beds are comfortable, hotel is immaculate, couple of good restaurants nearby. There is a restaurant next door or try the Grand Mere restaurant just up the road.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank citycat60640

We think our staff is excellent too, were glad you agree! Glad to see you were able to visit the Grand Mere restaurant while you were with us, its an excellent choice!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St. Joseph Stevensville
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!