“Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I love Hampton Inns and this hotel was not one of the best ones which I have stayed in. Overall, it was clean and the service was good. The breakfast was delicious and I like how they have the beverage bar at all times. The location was good but the hotel was missing a gym and a jacuzzi. The swimming pool was a bit cold.

Room Tip: When making a reservation, ask for a room which is not on the highway side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I want to thank you for the comments you made. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. With the new renovations happing this fall I hope you will come back and we will end up being one of your favorite Hampton Inns in the future.
Have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel was a total disappointment. It started with the check-in experience. I walked in and waited 8 minutes at the front desk before finally one of the cleaning ladies came to help me and went to find Lashonda, the desk clerk. The cleaning lady returned to tell me Lashonda would be with me - and it took another 2-3 minutes for her to show up. This was unacceptable. There was no apology. The room had many limitations. First - the noise level was absurd. In part, this was traffic noise from the highway, and in part, it was from the LOUD air conditioner that made an unbelievable amount of racket. Second, the linens are not at all of the quality you'd anticipate in a Hampton Inn. The sheets had no elastic left and popped off the mattress, leaving us to wake several times laying directly on top of the mattress. YUCK. I asked for replacement sheets and got ones that did the same thing on each of 3 days...so this must be standard with their sheets. The towels were limp and thin and not even very white. Third, despite being loud, the air conditioner did not work very well. We kept it on high and it kept the room only marginally cool. Fourth, they use some sort of fruit-like deodorizer in the halls that is very sweet-smelling and strong. It was overpowering and gave me headaches. Finally, there is no gym on-site and no hot-tub. On a positive note, the breakfast was fantastic - fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal with add-ins, and more! They changes the hot breakfast offerings every morning. The coffee is delicious! Also, the morning desk clerk (not Lashonda) was delightful! Friendly and efficient. The duvets on the beds were also nice and the place was kept very clean.
All in all, I'd go elsewhere, particularly for this price. It is a major disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid the highway side!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been and I do want to apologize to you for that. I want to a sure you I have talk to my front desk staff about the check in process. I am excited to say we will be remodeling the hotel this fall.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel had a great staff. I do not want to take away from them one bit. Check in was exceptionally quick and courteous. Staff members were always friendly and attentive. We even had the night attendant offer to leave the pool open an hour late for us. Breakfast was awesome and fresh. We did not meet a rude or unattentive employee at this hotel. Now the bad part. The hotel has no fitness center, no fans in the bathroom, no hottub, no closets, and the stairs are located inconveniently at the ends of the hallways. It is in desperate need of an upgrade. Our bathroom shower made a high pitch squeel. It had a massage shower head that did not work. Water trickled out and the noise was unbearable. The bathroom floor had broken tiles. Did I mention no HD TV? Hard to imagin in 2012 that you can brag about your 32 inch flatscreen but offer no HD. For $149 this was not a good value at all. I wouldn't pay more than $69 to stay at this hotel again. Which is odd, because I have never had a bad experience at a Hampton Inn. Without the exceptional staff, I would have serious complaints.

Room Tip: We had kids screaming in various rooms around us all night. The walls seem very thin. I would reco...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank b_jammin_10
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been and I do want to apologize to you for that. I am excited to say we will be remodeling the hotel this fall and couple days ago the hotel updated the TV'S to HD TV. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning our staff .

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very welcoming staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was clean and well cared for. No hot tub through.
Breakfast hand both hot and cold selections and lots of choices. The location was a few miles from St. Joseph Michigan which was our actual destination. The hotel was a few minutes drive from Saint Joseph but by taking the back roads along the lake into Saint Joseph we got a better feel for the area. There were interesting historical markers with photos showing how erosion has affected the Lake Michigan Shore on the outskirts of St. Joseph. We would have missed them if we had stayed in town. The town of St. Joseph has a lovely bluff overlooking Lake Michigan with plenty of benches and two-person swings and lots of historical markers, statues, pavillions and playgrounds.. There is a train depot and an unusual rotating train tressel over the St. Joseph River. It was fun to watch the train pass through the area below the bluff and cross the bridge. There is beach access and a nice neighborhood to walk through and enjoy the sound of the waves. Plenty of little places to eat and shop in town. I would stay at the Hampton Inn again and definitely plan to visit the town when we have more time to explore.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelersWisconsin
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. I am happy you enjoyed your stay here with us and got a chance to explore down town ST. Joseph. Have a great day !

Reviewed June 1, 2012

There aren't many choices of hotels in this area and we have come to like Hampton Inns for their consistency when traveling on business so gave this one a try. The property is a little tired (carpet, wallpaper, etc.) but it is clean and the service is excellent. The rooms are pretty large with a sofa/coffee table and working desk. Just wish the HVAC was more modern and couldn't be heard every time it came on. We were on the parking lot side vs. highway side and it was quiet. Front desk staff like Harrison always greeted us and helped us find our way around. Can't beat free WiFi and a nice complimentary breakfast each morning. We were there for a week and it was comfortable for what we needed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelin2Anywhere
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The staff here is very friendly and the location easy to get to. However the room I was in (freeway side) was terribly noisy. I have never experienced such a room before- they even put ear plugs next to the bed! The hotel needs some renovation too. When I return to the area, I will look for an alternate hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room away form the freeway
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good hotel at good rates for business trips. Nothing special but at the price, you get what you pay for. Staff is good. They address me by name. Best part, the fitness center is not on the property. It's close, but well worth the 5 minute drive to a great facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side of the property. It is much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!