“Lots of Amenities And Comforts All Broken”

Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel had a lot of chances to strive its excellence, though it did not. First of all, service was not the type I would be expecting at a hotel. The staff seems to not want any business. Atop that, most of the room keys did not work to open any of the facilities doors.( or just slide the keys in a certain position after countless tries to gain entry) The last thing I would like to note is that there is no pool. There is a very small hot tub room that was out of service till after spring break(not convenient) Overall, the accommodation wasn't terrible, though could have been way better.
Still a great hotel if your staying one night from the highway. Also.... Do not bring your dog, there is a $75 charge.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Trip T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Trip T,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Upon arrival we were told they don't clean the rooms everyday! For the price we paid? Come on! The room was semi-clean. Looked in the micro wave to find a bowl left there from another person. There was animal fur on the couch. The t.v. in the bedroom didn't work. They fixed the tv the next day when asked, but the fur is still on the couch! The workout facility is horrible! the machines were loud and didn't work right….no spot to put a water bottle on most of them! And the t.v. there had no changer to work it. The hot tub was out of order! Very disappointed with the whole experience. Would not recommend anyone stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jilneli
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear jilneli,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the available hotel amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed December 4, 2013

If I could, I'd give this property 2.5 stars. It was a really mixed bag. We stayed in 2 rooms and while one was good, the other was somewhat substandard.

Pros:
-One of the rooms I stayed in was clean and comfortable, with a large sitting area, desk, kitchenette, and separate bedroom.
-The internet was fast and dependable.
-Some of the staff were friendly and welcoming.

Cons:
-The other room I stayed in was a bit dirty, with visible grime under the toilet bowl and in the shower.
-No free breakfast.
-The evening desk manager was really rude and seemed generally angry.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear PandaPal,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that the room you stayed at was clean and comfortable and our internet service did not let you down. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for a month for work. Very convienent location for a short drive to work. And close to grocery stores and some restaurants. I rate it average, the bed was very comfartable, and loved having the kitchen setup and full refridgerator. Room was clean when I checked it. Was told I would get houskeeping once a week, well in the first week they came 2 times, and I never seen them again. I never said anything to have it done but felt I shouldn't have had to. So I just dealt with it. The staff was stationed behind a wall, and alot of times u had to call while u were at the front desk to get them to come out and assist you. Certain workers came out before and others didn't. THey also have 2 grills out on the patio area for use, which was very cool and convienent. I would stay here again for the convienence for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear JoshBny,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am pleased you liked our location as well as our hotel amenities. However, we are sorry you found some aspects of our hotel staff service less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N

Reviewed September 2, 2013

To the employee and or the patron that decided it was okay to remove them money out of my wristlet that was left on the check out counter in the AM Of 9-01-13 i hope karma gets you back in the worse way! It isn't like the money was just laying out without an owner, it was in the zipper of the wristlet that had my identification in it so you know damn well it had an owner! How this was taken while laying on the counter is beyond me but personally i hope when you get to meet your maker one day he recalls the act of stealing and meanness. I am a single mother that has raised my four kids for the past 13 years without having to steal or live off the government! It is called WORK FOR YOUR OWN MONEY! instead you take it from innocent victims what really sucks about this is the money you stole from me was to pay for my son's car insurance so he can drive to his JOB to make his OWN money something you apparently dont feel you need to do you just go around stealing! Seriously with i could be there when you spend your eternity in the walls of hell for the way you choose to live. Just because someone mistakenly leaves something doesn't give you the right to take it upon yourself to take! personally i belive it had to be the clerk at the counter since it was left laying right on the counter and there wasn't anyone behind us checking out! But either way who ever it was i hope you suffer the consequences of being a petty thief and i hope it happens to you only i hope you lose everything not just insurance money!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear corina m,

Connie D

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We needed a room very quickly and this was about the 10th hotel in this area I called and the first with any vacancies. If we return to this area, it will be the first hotel I call! The rooms were very large and comfortable and though we didn't need a kitchen for an overnite, it was very well stocked. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever had in any accomendations. I was also pleased with the price compared to other places in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Candlewood Suites in Stevensville, Michigan on a trip to the Chicago area. This was our first stay. . .and we are returning again next week. The room was very clean, the hotel was neat and the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We needed some ice for our cooler but had forgotten to turn on the icemaker in our room. The young woman at the front desk was kind enough to give us a partial bag of ice she had in her cooler. Wow! This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor? Share your experiences!