“Comfortable Stay At Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 23, 2008

We were driving from Chicago to Michigan to visit family for the weekend. We started out late on Friday night and only were able to make it to Exit 23 in Michigan, where we stayed at the Comfort Suites.

We got there late and left early, but we enjoyed our restful night of sleep. The suite was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The rooms look new and it was quiet.

It was just a place to stay on our way through, so no comments on the area. Would recommend this hotel as you are traveling through and want a nice place to rest.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville

Reviewed August 28, 2008

Hotel is nice and very clean. Staff was extremely pleasant to deal with and I was able to check-in earlier then I expected. I stayed in a 2 Queen Bed Suite which was very nice.

You can see my notes below, and determine why I didn't give it 5 Stars.

*Some Notes to keep in mind. (Not necessarily all complaints):

1) The room didn't have a single place to hang anything. I am not sure what happened to the "coat" rack.

2) Pool is very small, but it was clean and empty

3) Breakfast was great. Very good variety, including Fresh Fruit, Hot Cereal, Yogurt etc. (there was more, but that is what I had)

4) Didn't get a free newspaper. (I don’t think I was suppose to)

5) Wireless internet was only on the main floor. In room has "Wired" Hi Speed connection

6) Hotel about 10 minute highway drive from mall and "major" stores (Target, TJ Max, Wal-Mart) and 10 minutes from Beach

8) Not much for kids to do here except Swim.

9) Property is entirely smoke free, which you can tell when you walk through the halls. It is a nice change not to smell tobacco.

10) I asked for a crib, but it never came. I didn't pursue it though after check-in

11) Extensive TV Channel Lineup but no Pay-Per-View movies

12) Fridge-Microwave-Coffee Maker - -All Mini Size

13) Pull out "sofa" was about love-seat size

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We just came back from a nice time in the St. Joseph area. The water at Warren Dunes was great, and we really enjoyed it there, and then it was nice to settle in at the Comfort Suites.
The room was certainly clean and the bedding and everything like that was very nice.
The breakfast was bustling with all kinds of people but the two people working there did a nice job keeping up. It was standard, not bad.
The location between Warren Dunes and St. Joseph was nice for us, about 10 minutes to either.
The staff at the desk were helpful. No problems there.
We got a little mixed up exiting from the south, but got there ok.
Pretty typical for Comfort Suites, but probably a little newer and nicer than most.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We tried to check into the room early morning before heading to Chicago but were told the hotel was fully booked. No problem, we came back at 6pm. Everything was smooth going, the room was new and clean, very impressed. Better than Boulevard Inn in St. Joseph where we stayed for 2 nights. The swimming pool looked really nice, although we did not get the chance to use it due to lack of time. We did see a lot of people enjoying the pool. The staff at the front desk was very helpful giving directions to the South Bend Airport where we were flying back to California. Location of the hotel was okay with fast food restaurants very close by. The bed was very comfortable, we had a good sleep. Everything was new, so there was nothing to complain at all. Will stay there if I ever have a chance again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2008

One month ago, we stayed at this hotel for the first time. I had called a few days before our arrival to ask that we be put in a quiet room at or near the end of a hall. They did not do it. When we checked in, we were put in room 205 nowhere near the end of the hall. That night, there was loud talking for a long time -- so loud and so long that we had to ask the desk clerk to quiet the people down. If we had been at the end of the hall, this would not have happened.

The day before our arrival this time, I contacted the hotel and asked that we not be placed in room 205 because of our bad experience. Linda, the very competent person with whom I spoke, told me she recalled the prior incident, knew we wanted a quiet room, and said she was assigning us to a room on the third floor as we spoke.

It did not happen. When we arrived, we were told the hotel was full, and we were given room 129, a room directly under a room with small children who ran around until 11PM and started again at 6AM.

The next morning, when we asked at the front desk about this room assignment, Mike, the hotel manager, joined the conversation to argue with me, saying there were no small children above us. I said I had walked out to my car and had seen a small boy looking out of the window above ours. He said he had given 229 to "one of my good customers." He also asked if we had complained. I said "no" because the hotel was full and kids were being kids.

But why put us under kids in the first place? Why not the third floor as we had been promised? He said the entire third floor had been booked for months, then simply stonewalled in an unpleasant, rigid, unsympathetic way and never said "sorry" or anything similar. Linda and Kimberly did, and we appreciate that.

This is a fairly new hotel apparently with paper thin walls and floors. Too bad. We are going to check out the other hotels in the area before we consider going back again.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank tluna491
Reviewed September 16, 2007

The Comfort Suites in the St. Joseph area is great! Comfortable beds, spacious rooms. Attractively decorated. Clean and neat. Convenient location along I-94 near Lake Michigan. Cannot see lake from hotel; however, there are several beaches and overlooks nearby. If you are planning a weekend stay, book early as hotel fills up most weekends during warm months and into fall. My mother, sister and myself are all in agreement in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2007

We stayed here July 14 2007. This is a nice new hotel (2 1/2 years old) and it was very clean. Our room was spotless. The staff was very helpful and gave us a handful of brochures when we checked in. The maid had just left our room when we checked in and she offered us extra towels. We had a 2 room loft suite which contained a 2nd bedroom over the first with a king sized bed. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip. The breakfast was also very good and free.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville? Share your experiences!