We just returned from a short trip to visit Silver Beach in St. Joespeh. There were no rooms available in St. Joseph so we chose the Comfort Suties based upon its previous reviews, its location to St. Joseph, and our past experience with Choice Hotelss.
The hotel is located right off of the interstate on the frontage road. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the beach at St. Jospeh. There is a Popeye's Chicken and Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Meijer's is just down the street on the other side of the overpass. Upon arrival, it was very clear this was a newer, very well kept property. We ended up arriving a little earlier than check in time but we were able to check in right away. The manager greeted and checked us in. He was very helpful and knowledgable of the area, providing us with maps and suggestions for activities and dining.
Our room was a double with a sofa bed pull out, fully equipped with refrigerator & coffee pot. The bathroom was very large as well, My only complaint, although very minor, was that we were on the 2nd floor and there was no ice machine on that floor. There is a smallish indoor pool and hot tub, neither of which we used, but it was pretty full with kids. The beds were super comfortable and had large down comforters. The A/C was so quiet, you barely knew it was on.
The breakfast was excellent, one of the best continental breakfasts I have seen at a Choice property. There were the typical waffles, but they also had blueberry waffles, which my son enjoyed. They had sauage & biscuits, which made my husband happy and they also had eggs and sausage. Plus, there was cereal, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, & yogurt....a very nice spread.
I would rate this hotel as one of the nicest we have stayed in on our yearly family vacations and we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come relax and unwind in our newest all suite hotel in the heart of Great Southwest Michigan sunset coast. Conveniently located off I-94 Exit 23 in the heart of Michigan's finest world class vineyards - renowned for distinguished wines and just minutes away from the shores of Lake Michigan. Enjoy the breathtaking sunsets and miles of white sandy beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville Hotel Stevensville
- Comfort Suites Stevensville
- Stevensville Comfort Suites