“Very nice property with excellent breakfast”

Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria Heights, Illinois
“Very nice property with excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We just returned from a short trip to visit Silver Beach in St. Joespeh. There were no rooms available in St. Joseph so we chose the Comfort Suties based upon its previous reviews, its location to St. Joseph, and our past experience with Choice Hotelss.
The hotel is located right off of the interstate on the frontage road. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the beach at St. Jospeh. There is a Popeye's Chicken and Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Meijer's is just down the street on the other side of the overpass. Upon arrival, it was very clear this was a newer, very well kept property. We ended up arriving a little earlier than check in time but we were able to check in right away. The manager greeted and checked us in. He was very helpful and knowledgable of the area, providing us with maps and suggestions for activities and dining.
Our room was a double with a sofa bed pull out, fully equipped with refrigerator & coffee pot. The bathroom was very large as well, My only complaint, although very minor, was that we were on the 2nd floor and there was no ice machine on that floor. There is a smallish indoor pool and hot tub, neither of which we used, but it was pretty full with kids. The beds were super comfortable and had large down comforters. The A/C was so quiet, you barely knew it was on.
The breakfast was excellent, one of the best continental breakfasts I have seen at a Choice property. There were the typical waffles, but they also had blueberry waffles, which my son enjoyed. They had sauage & biscuits, which made my husband happy and they also had eggs and sausage. Plus, there was cereal, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, & yogurt....a very nice spread.
I would rate this hotel as one of the nicest we have stayed in on our yearly family vacations and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was perfect for family trip--very clean and pool/hot tub were great. Rooms seem very new and nice. Comfortable bed and great continental breakfast. Convenient location if you want to visit St. Joseph but want a slightly more economical room price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was on a road trip to visit family and friends for 2 weeks in April. Along the way, I sought economical and clean hotels with breakfast to get me started. On my return to Minnesota, my last stop got me to Stevensville Michigan. I had hoped to find a B&B or Inn, but one of the only independent lodging properties nearby had horrible reviews. From the moment I entered the Comfort Suites, I was greeted to a late night smile and welcome from the lady on the Front Desk. She had few rooms left, but found me a good rate on a great accommodation. Though arriving near 10pm, I still had about an hour to jump in the pool and hot tub before retiring to my suite. Wanting to check email before bed, it did take a few minutes to successfully connect to the free Wi-Fi, and quick call to the Night Auditor resulted in friendly and knowledgeable information. The room had a comfortable sitting area, well-lit areas, and a working coffee maker (and the decaf was quite good). I borrowed real creamer from the lobby coffee station which is open 24 hours. The room had a flat screen TV, and the shower and bathroom were spotless and completely in working order. Breakfast was very nice - plenty of full trays and hot coffee, even though I arrived in the last 30 minutes. The breakfast room is comfortable, and the staff pleasant and polite. A man who appeared to be the General Manager (or possible even the owner) was helping the staff setup new breakfast wares. He treated his team well, and clearly looked like a mutual respect of staff and management. This added to my overall great experience. If you're in this area, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

A warm cookie was waiting for us when we entered the motel lobby. Rooms are large with sleeper sofa. Free computer to use in their beautiful lobby. Indoor pool. Free deluxe breakfast. This new motel is located just off the highway and near several restaurants including "Cracker Barrel". I would certainly recommend this motel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank VillageGreenGal
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife and I spent one night at the Comfort Suites in Stevensville while we took a quick, one night getaway from Chicago. The hotel was great - very clean and pretty quiet. It's in a good location, the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. We will return when we return to SW Michigan. We could spend 1 night or 1 week there. Good for families or couples.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CASRunner
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

Lots of hotel choices in this area (just off I-94) - I picked this hotel based partially on other reviews. I was not disappointed. Large room, comfortable king bed, pleasant & helpful staff, all special requests met without asking, meticulously clean, and an overall excellent experience!

We didn't make the free breakfast, so I can't comment on that, but the area looked great.

If you stay here and you're looking for a very special dinner - make sure to stop in at Grand Mere restaurant, just down the road a couple of miles.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Caro, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

This place was great. We were in town for a funeral and it was just for one night. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. They were telling us about things to do in the area. The pool was closed, but that was alright. I didn't need to swim. The breakfast was nothing exciting, we ended up going to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville

Been to Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville? Share your experiences!