“Good food but very long wait”

Coach's Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Joseph, MI
“Good food but very long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We arrived on a Friday night around 8pm and waited apps 40 minutes for a table foe 8 people. The food and service was good. My husband and I spent $50 not including tip. Will definitely go again.

• Visited December 2012

Benton Harbor, Michigan
“A Not to Miss Flavor Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Their smoked meats are a delight. My absolute favorite is the Smoked Pork Nachos! Everything I have had there was wonderful. Not a dud in the bunch. The bar area is nice and has bar seating, high top tables, and a couple of booths. The dining area is nice and also has big screen tv's, a 2-sided fire place, and couches to sit and enjoy the tv's. Service has always been great and the food better. Give it a try and enjoy something unusual.

• Visited December 2012
“It was just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Went to coaches with an open mind. The server was not personable whatsoever and barely said two words to us. Our salads (not very good) came out slowly and as soon as they did our food was coming out. I chose the wings (bad choice) my two friends chose wraps which they enjoyed. Maybe if i would have chosen something like that i would have enjoyed my experience better, but the service was terrible. She was nice but like i said not personable at all. She didnt even ask us to come back or have a good night, just gave us our slips and walked away. Im not sure i will go back.

Jackson, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very welcoming and great hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

On Monday oct. 29, My wife and I went to coachs for the first time it was amazing...The food was great. The best part that caught my eye was this host names Nikkie. She was very warming she made us feel like regulars. My wife and i being bussiness owners. I liked her so much i offerd her a job at my company. I will defently go back because of her. thank you Nikkie..Thank you coachs.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank bert K
Michigan
“GREAT Food & Atmosphere, Eazy Access from I 94”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wow! This is not "bar food". It's just a mile from I-94 for those traveling. But I'd drive a distance to get the wonderful food and wonderful service. Prices are so reasonable, especially for this quality. Although it has burgers and a bar section with TV's, the dining area has fireplace, couches, and lots of tables for really great food. OUr appetizer, the Honey Ginger Criss Cross fries was a generous serving for 4 and a tasty experience. I'm a wine person, but the Oktoberfest beer was a smooth accompaniment. The excellent sandwich we tasted was "the Bear" and peppered bacon, ham, pulled pork. The Alfredo was to be marveled at, one of the best I've ever tasted. BUT the Smokehouse Sampler was the ABSOLUTE BEST that I've ever had. Oh MY I can't wait to go back to taste even more of their food, including the "top hat appetizer". I also have to praise the hostess and our server, Taylor. They were very attentive, not just to us but to all in the dining room including those with children.

• Visited October 2012