“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Fishers, IN
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay at Super 8 hotels fairly frequently because they usually cost less than the bigger 'name' chains. It's always a toss-up - either really nice or really NOT nice. This was a pleasant surprise. I had a room with one queen bed. The room was very clean and inviting. Looks like it's been recently renovated. Front desk staff was very friendly - even when i couldn't get into my room due to 'user error'!! One of the maintenance guys followed me back to the room to be sure I got in. I didn't use the pool, but it looked very clean and well-maintained. I was only in town for a quick trip to Lake Michigan. This hotel was just fine and I'd return again for the same purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Super 8 Stevensville. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and that your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Indy
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you want anything remotely what the pictures on here look like, book a room with 2 queen beds. Anything else and you will be out back in the shed looking building and they will kindly let you know that you can pay more to be in the building in the pictures online. Which was still not great, coming from someone who has done a lot of traveling and doesn't care about super nice hotel rooms. I don't mind things not being really great, but this was pretty gross. Bathroom is like a strobe light, could hear the neighbors talking and walking all night through thin walls, the (better) bed in our room (since we ended up paying for 2 just to get out of the scary building) was more like laying in a hammock, it was just bad. Seriously pay 20 more dollars and go stay somewhere else in this town.

Room Tip: 2 queen bed rooms are the only ones in the picture you see online. Other rooms are exterior doors an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you were disappointed. The property is not a typical Super 8, we have evolved over the years with many additions. The building that is pictured on the Super 8 website has 40 rooms, there are rooms with 2 queen beds, 1 King bed and two double beds in that building. All of the 1 queen bed rooms and some of the 2 queen bed rooms are located in the other buildings, with exterior entrance doors. The staff is happy to help you choose the room type that is right for you when you book directly with the hotel, unfortunately we are unable to help you when you book online through expedia, hotels.com or any of the other booking agents. All rooms have new carpet, new paint as shown in the pictures online. All two queen beds in the interior building have New beds that arrived the second week of May 2013. We will continue with our upgrades and hope that you try us again.

Travelers are raving about these Stevensville hotels

Windsor
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stopped at the Super 8 Motel in Stevensville Michigan again on our way to Chicago. Friendly staff and clean and quiet room. Enjoyed our stay as usual. Gentleman on the front desk was very helpful and informative about the area. We would choose this motel again and reccomend to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Super 8 Stevensville. We are glad we met your expectations and look forward to being of service to you in the future.
Minnesota
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Dirty, rusty shower head, trim molding missing in the bathroom, un-used appliances were dusty, electrical outlets were so sloppy we couldn't plug into them. Apon arriving it was very confusing finding the front desk for check in. Only positive was the carpet was new. I would not stay at this particular Super 8 again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Rachelazminnesota
USA
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Pros:
Cheap-$31
Clean Sheets-I think
That is the only good and I'm not a picky traveler. We have stayed in many Super 8's.
Worst Super 8 ever! I can't think of a worst hotel stay since the early 1980's outside of Vegas.

Cons:
This used to be a small motor lodge built in the 1940's. Wyndham group dropped the ball when purchasing this one.
DIRTY- It appears they only do light cleaning and very light vacuuming. I lifted the skirt of the bed to find an old dirty glove and a ton of dust. Apparently they never clean there and haven't in years. I wiped my finger on the top of the hair dryer holder to have my finger come back black. Seriously. The coffee maker/pot was old and grossly dirty. I wouldn't use it.
FREE BREAKFAST-Coffee, Prepackaged Pastry, Toast, Cereal. You have to leave your building and walk 100 yards or so to the office. Based on the room cleanliness I question the same in the office. Only if you're really hungry and can't afford the gas station donut.
OLD-The building we stayed in was the newest addition. Built in 1989 and I believe the room furniture is original. And maybe some of the dirt and dust.

Room Tip: To make sure you get a clean room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I wish to apologize to you for falling short of your expectations. I do wish you would have taken the time to let us know that you were dissatisfied during your stay I would have gladly given you a different room. If you did stay in the building you indicated all of the furniture is just over a year old. The rooms were remodeled at the end of 2010 beginning of 2011. The older section you dated as 1940 was built in the 1970's and is currently under renovation, scheduled for completion in spring of 2013. Each Wyndham property is individually owned and operated under a franchise agreement. We have a unique property with both exterior entrance rooms and interior entrance rooms, and strive to maintain a clean comfortable property to provide our guests with a comfortable inexpensive stay. We do offer the Standard SuperStart Breakfast, of Raisen Bran, Frosted Flakes, Oatmeal, Yougurt, Eggo Waffles, Apples, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Coffee, both white and wheat Toast as well as Super 8's signature Simply Super Cinnamon Roll.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#1 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Super 8 Stevensville? Share your experiences!