“Tight Budgets Only-Nasty-My Advice Is "AVOID"”

Super 8 Stevensville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
USA
“Tight Budgets Only-Nasty-My Advice Is "AVOID"”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Pros:
Cheap-$31
Clean Sheets-I think
That is the only good and I'm not a picky traveler. We have stayed in many Super 8's.
Worst Super 8 ever! I can't think of a worst hotel stay since the early 1980's outside of Vegas.

Cons:
This used to be a small motor lodge built in the 1940's. Wyndham group dropped the ball when purchasing this one.
DIRTY- It appears they only do light cleaning and very light vacuuming. I lifted the skirt of the bed to find an old dirty glove and a ton of dust. Apparently they never clean there and haven't in years. I wiped my finger on the top of the hair dryer holder to have my finger come back black. Seriously. The coffee maker/pot was old and grossly dirty. I wouldn't use it.
FREE BREAKFAST-Coffee, Prepackaged Pastry, Toast, Cereal. You have to leave your building and walk 100 yards or so to the office. Based on the room cleanliness I question the same in the office. Only if you're really hungry and can't afford the gas station donut.
OLD-The building we stayed in was the newest addition. Built in 1989 and I believe the room furniture is original. And maybe some of the dirt and dust.

Room Tip: To make sure you get a clean room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I wish to apologize to you for falling short of your expectations. I do wish you would have taken the time to let us know that you were dissatisfied during your stay I would have gladly given you a different room. If you did stay in the building you indicated all of the furniture is just over a year old. The rooms were remodeled at the end of 2010 beginning of 2011. The older section you dated as 1940 was built in the 1970's and is currently under renovation, scheduled for completion in spring of 2013. Each Wyndham property is individually owned and operated under a franchise agreement. We have a unique property with both exterior entrance rooms and interior entrance rooms, and strive to maintain a clean comfortable property to provide our guests with a comfortable inexpensive stay. We do offer the Standard SuperStart Breakfast, of Raisen Bran, Frosted Flakes, Oatmeal, Yougurt, Eggo Waffles, Apples, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Coffee, both white and wheat Toast as well as Super 8's signature Simply Super Cinnamon Roll.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cheboygan, Michigan, USA
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were heading home from a vacation and were worn out. Saw an exit that had a number of motels listed and decided it was the right location to spend the night, regroup, and make our final push for home. Super 8 in Stevensville is working very hard to redecorate every inch of their motel and are doing an excellent job. Our room was very clean, so very, very calming with the soft colored walls (instead of the usual white), and new headboards. The bed was ever so comfortable. Shower pressure ideal. There was a fridge and microwave. And the breakfast in the morning varied and delicious. Plus their prices were reasonable for which we were very grateful. The staff was always pleasant and willing to help us in any way they could. My husband and I would definitely stay there again when we are in the St. Joseph area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am so happy to hear, you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you also for letting us know that our renovations are both pleasing to the eye and comfortable.
Chicago
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My room was spacious and had all the functional amenities I needed. The water pressure and temperature was HOT unlike a lot of other motels. It was in a quiet area and the bed comfortable. The location was SUPER near stores and the expressway and close to St. Joseph. The room though could have had more light and a bigher desk for a business traveller but all in all a very nice functional place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Super 8 Stevensville. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and will take your suggestion of more light and a bigger desk into consideration as we continue to renovate the property.
Verandagirl
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for business and was pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews. I did ask for a "renovated" room, and it was very comfortable.

Kathy at the desk was very pleasant, and accomodating..as I popped in to see if I could check in before work so I wouldn't have to mess with it after work. No problem...(thanks Kathy!).

My stay here was more than satisfactory for the price, and I will be staying here again, as I am coming back to Stevensville for work in a few weeks.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 302. I would be happy to have that room again when I return in October.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Super 8 Stevensville. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forwarding to being able to accomodate you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Econo Lodge
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
#2 of 6 in Stevensville
Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph

Been to Super 8 Stevensville? Share your experiences!