“Better than expected!!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Indianapolis, In
“Better than expected!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Upon check-in, I asked if we could be upgraded to one of the renovated rooms. Based on the reviews here, I was nervous about staying in one of the older rooms but had reserved through priceline so there was no going back. But, they didn't have any of the newer rooms available. Laura, the manager, was very kind and showed me a room that was partially renovated (all but the bathroom) to see if it would be ok. While it was nothing fancy, it was clean. I appreciated her taking the time to do that. We had a micorwave and mini-fridge which was great for the stuff we'd planned on keeping in a cooler. The breakfast was simple, but enough. The only issue we had was that our room was next to a stairwell. Other guests were running up and down them until 1:00 AM one of the nights we were there. Made it hard to sleep but doubt there was much mgmt could have done and you can find noisy guests in 4 star hotels. We were in town for the beach not the hotel. Overall, our stay was fine and all staff we encountered were kind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScouteyBlue
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we did. When booking on line the completely renovated rooms are the rooms with two double beds or one king bed. Most of our single queen and two queens have new carpets and new wall coverings. All have new bathroom vanities at this time. We will be continuing our renovations through out the up coming year. Currently we are having roof work done and apologize for any inconvience this may cause. Whenever possible we are happy to make room changes if requested but during the busy season (summer weekends) every room in the hotel is sold and it isn't always possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We did hotwire to get this hotel, and I was little nervous because it seemed a little shady. We were pleasantly surprised! Based on other people's reviews, we requested a renovated room. It was wonderful! The beds were really comfortable, and we got a microwave and mini-fridge that I didn't realize we would have. There was a free breakfast. Not a whole lot to it, but it was still good (packaged cinnamon rolls/waffles, toast, cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee). We swam in the outdoor pool which was clean and good, but the indoor pool was closed and didn't appear to have any work being done on it, so who knows how long it will be under. One complaint was the hallway's AC wasn't working so it was really stuffy and kind of had a smell. But the room AC was really strong and no odors or anything in the room. There weren't any frills or anything, but for the price we paid, I was really happy with it!

Room Tip: Request a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AngelaP623
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. As you stated the indoor pool is out of commision with no date for reopening it yet. We do not advertise it because honestly we are waiting on parts to be made for the completion of the repairs. Due to the recent unusaully hot weather, we had to remvoe the a/c's from the hallways to place in rooms while waiting for back ordered replacements to arrive. We are aware of the heat in the hallways and regret that but have felt keeping the guest rooms comfortable was more important than the hallways. The continental breakfast features Super 8's new Simply Super Cinnamon rolls, yougurt, waffles, apples, raisen bran, frosted flakes, oatmeal, coffee, apple juice, orange juice and hot cocoa. We are striving to rejevanate an older property and to provide the best possible service that we can.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our worst experience at a hotel ever & still paid $52 on a supposed price line deal.
We put our bags in the trunk to make sure no bugs got in our vehicle after our one night stay. This hotel's day was long ago & is severely lacking maintenance. We've stayed in older, less expensive hotels plenty of times, but you still expect they can pass basic safety & health inspections. We honestly cannot find one good thing about this place.

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Stevensville hotels

DeLand, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We originally booked a room on-line for June 30th, 2012 at this motel. Later, we were ahead of schedule and tried to change the reservation to June 29th. We called the Super 8 in Stevensville and were told since we booked on-line they couldn't change it. We called the Super 8 customer service toll-free number and asked for help. They told us it had been moved to June 29th.
We checked in, upgraded the room with our credit card and had a reasonably clean room, but the motel was run down and smelled musty.
We were charged for both nights, and when we called the manager at Super 8 in Stevensville, she had a very arrogant attitude and stated that basically, too bad, they had a no cancellation policy and since we didn't cancel the June 30 reservation, we had to pay for it.
We sent a complaint to Super 8 customer service, and since they are part of Wyndham Resorts, we will be reimbursed for the June 30 charge. Thank God for Wyndham.
We will never stay in any Super 8 again.

Room Tip: Read cancellation policy on-line. All Super 8 Motels are independantly owned. No cancellation or re...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
The reservation was a prepaid, non cancellable, non-refunable, non modifiable reservation. I never actually spoke with this guest but his answering machine and stated that the reservation that he booked had those terms. I left my number if he wished to contact me which he never did.

He did contact Wyndham's customer care and this is the response that they sent me. - 07/09/2012 [ Customer Care ]
@1:22:38 AM : The guest emailed the below on July 5th. I researched the reservation and it was not canceled. Since the guest stated that they called Customer Service and were told that it was changed I am taking care of the guest out of AAACC. GM:: This does not go against your property and not charges will be against you. Thanks.

This was a Wyndham mistake not the individual hotel.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have not been at a hotel where the manager has been so rude (in fact rude is being nice), and very hard to get a hold of to express my concerns! Her staff actually lied for her. Does not have a game room, and when I had reserved my room the amenities had listed indoor pool and a restaurant on site. When I arrived, the restaurant had closed and the indoor pool had no water. When I finally was able to reach the manager AFTER my stay she pretty much called me a liar about my concerns and the amenities that were not there. Due to a local activity they had the nerve to charge $99/night for two double beds. Do not stay at this one!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank swright1934
I am sorry that you feel I was being rude in the multiple emails that were exchanged. I am not in the habit of refunding someone for a two night stay because we no longer have a game room. I did not ever call you any names nor did I insinuate that you were I liar. I did ask where you saw online at one of the travel sites I believe you booked through hotels.com that we had an indoor pool and spa. I did state that the indoor pool and spa were removed from our listing in November on all the internet sites and the date made your reservation was after the listing was updated. This is not rude. Also not giving away hotel rooms is not rude. We provided you with a service, that you took full advantage by staying two nights, you were not forced into staying at the hotel, but you chose to stay and thus we charged you for your stay, it is the same as ordering a whopper eating the whole thing and demanding your money back. Burger King is not going to refund you after you ate all of it. Nothing you complained about were cause for a free room. Of course since I wouldn't give away rooms you invented a whole list of complaints here. I do not know any manager that is available 24 hours a day, I do work 6 days a week every week but I do not live on the property nor do I want to. My staff did not lie for me. I did have an emergency and left early one day during your stay.
Greenfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We knew it was going to be an "experience" pulling into the parking lot of this Super 8. Immediately upon opening the door to our room we were welcomed by an awful musty, smoked in room. The carpet was filthy, wall had been plastered and not finished, and there were cigarette stains across the bathtub where someone had set them. The television had limited stations and to top all of this off the temperatures were in the 90's with overnight temps in the 70's and the air conditioning did not work!!! These rooms are old, smelly and dirty. Never again. I took our key cards to the front office hoping they would inquire about our stay - no such luck. They took our keys, said thank you and went about their business.

Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Shower head was so low that I had to bend down for the shower. I am only 5'4". Dead bolt lock didn't lock well. Door chain was partially broken. Mold in the shower curtain. Flooring looked extremely old. The Indian lady in the front desk didn't seem to know the words like "thank you" or "hi", or how to smile.

2 Thank woodstat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Econo Lodge
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
#2 of 6 in Stevensville
Red Roof Inn Benton Harbor St. Joseph

Been to Super 8 Stevensville? Share your experiences!