“Never got as far as the room!”

Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
ROCKFORD
“Never got as far as the room!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Hotel manager would not honor 2 months advanced agreement per room and tried to charge me $25 over room price quoted by "Robert" on the phone.. Manager got Robert on his cell phone on speaker to ask if that was so. Robert lied and said he quoted me my original price for Sun nite, not Sat. (my arrival day), and simply lied to the manager ( unless, perhaps they pre-arranged this little deal between them). I walked out, though we would have to find another room (actually 3 rooms) and be late to the wedding ceremony we were planning to attend. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT NICE! THEY ARE BAD, SO DON'T STAY THERE! One lesson: ALWAYS GET PRE-QUOTE IN WRITING!! Robert told me they would not do that.

Room Tip: Get written room rate confirmation in advance.
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Southport, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

No exterior lights at hotel for 2 nights. Dirty, soiled sheets at check-in, had to get sheets at desk and change bed myself. Phone didn't work for 4 days. Desk notified, never fixed. Would not stay again!

3 Thank familytravel1098

Travelers are raving about these Stevensville hotels

St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Easy to access, this motel was a convenient stopping place for us and our dog on our way to a cottage rental in Interlochen. The room was of a good size, the furnishings far from new but certainly adequate. Wifi adequate and free. Biggest objection was the smelly hallways: entering the motel through a back door not pleasant. The room - a first floor non-smoker - smelled of disinfectant when we entered, but we didn't notice it after a while. Worse experience: being awakened by lovers in a room above (?) humping away at 1 AM! Not the motel's fault, but sound insulation pretty bad. Breakfast was your typical motel fare - it was jammed the morning we were there, but we ate in our room anyway. The coffee was quite good. We'd stay there another time, as it was quite reasonable, considering the prices of other motels in the area. Pool & spa looked fine, though we didn't use them; exercise room was tiny and jammed.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Room was musty smelling. Bottom fitted sheets were for a thinner mattress and came off. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This hotel is NOT worth any of your money. When we got there it was not clean like other Baymonts, or other hotels I have stayed at. The pool water was murky. Heading to the room, I was anxious to see it it was any cleaner than the rest of the place. We walked in the room and it appeared clean at least. But then we started our bed bug check , as I ALWAYS do at any hotel. The VERY FIRST corner I pulled out had a bed bug crawling on the matteress. I ran down to the front desk, made the guy come back up with me, and proceeded to show him the bug. It didn't seem to phase him, he even said that it was a "Japenese beatle." We said, no, that was in the matteress, its a bed bug. None the less, he offered to move us to a different room. But after seeing what I saw on that bed, I was NOT going to stay there! We switched hotels to the Comfort Suits right next door. Comfort Suits was very nice, clean and accomodating, and best of all no bed bugs there! Bottom line, this hotel is dirty and has bed bugs, you can spend your money elsewhere and stay at a cleaner place.

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I wouldnt pay more than $100 to stay here. It's a little dingy. The employees were courteous and helpful. The bed was comfortable. It was average and that is exactly what we were expecting. The price was right and the location was great. There are several places to eat within a mile or less. There is a huge new grocery store around the corner. The wifi wasn't spotty which was a plus.

• Stayed July 2011
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

This was my first stay @ Baymont since about 9 years (last one being Lafayette, IN, being nice THEN). So I thought it will be comparable, but it was not. This hotel is quite old and you can tell it. Not too smelly and dirty, but far from perfect. Cleanliness is somewhat average (don't expect Hampton or Courtyard quality here, but you won't get goosebumps either like at some old yucky Knight Inns and Comfort Inns.) - just acceptable. Bathroom floor/walls are old and cracking, so was the vanity area in my room, cheap toilet seat was moving around and it took an effort to hold still. Bed reasonably comfortable and linens were OK clean, but if you're allergic to dust mites, beware - the mattress could use some in-depth vacuuming. Rooms pretty quiet, decently noise-insulated. Decent desk furniture and fridges in rooms. Breakfast area VERY tiny and choice was meager - couple cereal choices, few fruits, donuts, waffle maker, juices and coffee. For $79 (after AAA discount) late night must-stay rate, it is a bit of a challenge, but at least this one was not some of those stinky hotels out of hell - it was just acceptable. Baymont Inn chain is just getting much older and not taken care of on the corporate level - you can tell...

Room Tip: Reserve in advance at $60 or below for good value
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI
Candlewood Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville? Share your experiences!